Carwow Review - Vauxhall Adam Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014, 02:59 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't think I have ever seen someone bring a car down so much in all my life

Ok there might be little flaws with the Adam like the 1.2 being a little slow but says it looks rubbish and not a patch on a fiat 500 this man obviously needs a hammer to the head, I think its safe to say he's just anti vauxhall !!!!

http://www.carwow.co.uk/blog/Vauxhall-Adam-Review-564

Sorry for the rant

Future Adam Owner, Not Legal To Drive Until August

Until Then I\'m An Adam Enthusiast
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014, 03:14 PM

Just read it. Kind of agree with the 6th gear and mpg. Think they could do with some user reviews on there to improve it! Those who own them know better than someone who's done a 30 minute test drive.
I'm seeing more of them around so the decent reviews are paying off. Jeremy Clarkson and Richard Hammond gave the Adam a better review and they are normally the critical ones!
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014, 03:21 PM

I think it depends on the owner and circumstances. Lots think the boot and back seats are small. But can he fit 5 people and the weeks shopping in the Mini or Fiat 500? I for one cannot wait any longer for my Adam!!

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014, 03:26 PM

Don't blame you they are fab to drive. My first car was a Vw Beetle(1972) and the Adam kind of reminds me of the character that had. Now that had an engine in the boot! I wish Adam owners would acknowledge other owners though like Vw owners do.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014, 03:55 PM

I'm sick or reading magazine reviews. Every single one puts it down. Except the most ironic magazine.......TOP GEAR! Believe it or not but they thought it was a great car! The kings of speed didn't slate the 1.2 much and liked most aspects of the Adam. I was very surprised that they liked it because I thought it would've been the other way around as normally they are only interested in 600bhp Ferraris etc! But who even gives a sh*t? If we love our Adams, that's all that matters to me

GONE ADAM JAM 1.2 Purple Fiction, White Two Tone Pack, White Imix seats, Intelilink,Interior Light Pack.
AUDI A1 1.6 SPORT TDI, AMI Screen, Leather Seats, Teak Brown Pearl Paint, Amalfi White Roofline
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014, 04:16 PM

Garage
As I said on the comment they appear to have deleted.

If you want room for four, warp speed and the ability to soak up starship miles, dont buy an Adam.

I don't want those things so My Little Man is fine for me thank you.

2014 Adam Jam 1.2 Start/Stop.
Saturday White Fever, one colour.
Urban Pack. Pistonheads Stickers.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014, 04:24 PM

I think they forget this isnt aimed at being a family car, 9 times out of 10 it will be either a second car or a car for someone younger who will only ever have a gym bag in the boot.
A car like the adam isnt purchased with your head really its your heart that falls for it.....these people reviewing just dont understand that i dont think.

πŸ’‹πŸ’‹StephπŸ’‹πŸ’‹
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014, 06:57 PM Thread Starter

Yep I agree the Adam may not and isn't the perfect car but then what is, it has its flaws but what car doesn't. And picking up on the point what he made about the rear seats saying his 8 year old son couldn't even sit there without his legs being in the drivers ears well he must be one over size abnormal not your everyday 8 year year old. I am over six feet and in the Adam what we had on hire for a weekend with me not being old enough to drive I was in the rear seat behind the passenger. Now it didn't have bags of room like your people carriers but I sat in the rear coving not all but most of the 500 miles from Friday to Monday and I didn't have a problem. Head room was enough it wasn't if you sat straight like a board then who sits like that but in a comfortable position it was no problem, leg room was the same it wasn't like being on the recliner at home but I and the person in the passenger seat both sat with enough leg room.

Also as a few picked up on all this car test magazines what usually like small city cars have a dislike to the adam but top gear who doesn't usually like cars what's under 400bhp did seem to like it even fifth gear and gave it a good review only down side to fifth gear was they did they to destroy it on the cobbles doing 50mph in cobbles what were built for up to 30mph

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014, 07:08 PM

I'm about 6 foot 2 and I just about got in the back. I had to sit leaning to the side else my head wouldn't fit.

Did take a while to get out though!

Like you said... Bloody big 8 year old.

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014, 07:16 PM Thread Starter

Will admit getting in and out wasn't like a normal car but thanks to my long legs it want to bad just looked liked a octopus climbing out with my hands and legs latching to the car getting out

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Adam Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page