1000 miles - Vauxhall Adam Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014, 08:18 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So my Adam is nearly 1 month old and done 1000miles so its time to share my views on how I'm getting on with 'Ally' the Adam.
Engine (1.4 100ps): before taking delivery of my Adam, I read loads of reviews about how bad the performance is and that its 'sluggish'.I must admit its not the most powerful car driving up hills, but if I wanted a car for hills and tough roads I would of went for a 4x4 car. This little 1.4 engine is perfect and very nippy. Acceleration is great and punchy. The gear changes are great and had no problems with grinding the gears in quick changes.When driving long journeys, Surrey to Devon Im getting 49mpg which is great! and I'm sure its going to improve month on month. I use the cruise control during long stretches of road and this gives you more mpg! On a full tank of fuel it says 330ish miles, this increases every time I fill up! and costs 40 for a full tank.(126pence/L)
Space: Driving position is great and the front dash makes the car feel bigger and leg room is fantastic. If I was going to use the car to transport 4 people all the time, I wouldn't think my rear passengers would like doing a long journey. but its perfect for short journeys round town. Boot space is okay, I can fit 2 of my work suit cases in the boot, but I use the rear seats if I was to carry anymore luggage.
Park Assist & Blind spot: This feature is great, and I use it in the staff car park most days. It makes parking smart. But like most people say 'its not trust worthy and its taking away the experience of driving' YES I get that, but Iv been driving nearly 8 years and I can park a car in 1 go, but its a fancy gadget and its not taking away any of my parking experience. The blind spot indicator is perfect (apart from when its raining HARD it flashes and displays a message on the dash that its disabled)I feel it just adds that extra safety when changing lanes on a busy motorway.
LED internal lights: Adds a perfect finish to the fancy dash and intelillink system, and people say to me at night that the blue adds a great atmosphere.
Intelillink: No problems with connection, playing music, radio and apps. I did have a problem with the BringGo app but after contacting them and a very great response and help with getting it working, this app is AMAZING! it even shows pictures of the lanes on motorways you need to be in and turn by turn voice control I normally mute lol.Only issue is when calling or receiving a call from someone, you have to go back to the BringGo app as it doesn't switch back automatically.Phone book uploaded with no problem.I won't be using the system for viewing images or videos so I'm not too fussed on this expensive cable but for what I want the system to do, its great!
Overall: Fantastic looking car, nippy, fuel efficient, cheap to run & hardly see any on the road so catches peoples eyes! thats all I need.
I have already got two friends that are looking at getting an Adam since being a passenger and can't believe that Vauxhall has made a small car look expensive but affordable for everyones pocket.
If your reading this and thinking about getting an Adam, you would be a fool not too!

Adam Glam 1.4i (100ps) Saturday White Fever, \"i\'ll be black\" roof. Intellilink, Interior LED, Advance park assist, Winter pack.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014, 08:19 AM Thread Starter

Adam Glam 1.4i (100ps) Saturday White Fever, \"i\'ll be black\" roof. Intellilink, Interior LED, Advance park assist, Winter pack.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014, 08:25 AM

great post JC, enjoyed reading it, now even more wanting for mine!

1st ever new car! Collected 05062014 Adam Jam 1.4 100PS, Greyfather, 16\" Boomerang Tech Grey&Diamond Cut Alloys, VXR pack, Panoramic Sunroof, Urban Pack, IntelliLink, Sight and Light Pack, Winter Pack

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014, 08:34 AM Thread Starter

Forgot to mention the winter pack! HAHA how could I forget a nice toasty bum and hands when I have to drive to work at 3/4am in the morning and its cold! Sometimes I don't ever want to get out the car. Its well worth the extra if you like the comfort touch and feel the cold like me. The seats heat up super quick (must say, quicker than my mums mini! tehe) and never heard of a car with heated steering wheel! no need for driving gloves.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014, 08:49 AM

glad I ordered the winter pack too then!

1st ever new car! Collected 05062014 Adam Jam 1.4 100PS, Greyfather, 16\" Boomerang Tech Grey&Diamond Cut Alloys, VXR pack, Panoramic Sunroof, Urban Pack, IntelliLink, Sight and Light Pack, Winter Pack
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014, 09:38 AM

I'd agree with all of jc's comments & the winter pack is brilliant on a cold day or if I've got backache after work!!
The blind spot detection is very useful, but doesn't like heavy spray & lights up the wing mirrors like a Christmas tree...lol. Wouldn't be without it though
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-14-2014, 07:19 PM

So glad of reading this it's made me feel a little bit better, been looking at the posts up to April this year and the faults listed are having me worried, window wipers, stone chips, misting in lights, intellilink playing up, petrol cap playing up, nocking noise in engine and I'm thinking my god what have I let myself in for here don't pick mine up until 2 weeks and wish I hadn't read any of these in a way but if I didn't I wouldn't be aware. Anyway after seeing your review lets hope I'm one of the lucky ones

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Adam Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page