FIFTH!! Time my Adam is going back in the bodyshop - Vauxhall Adam Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-12-2014, 02:13 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
For the FIFTH time I'm having to book my Adam back in the body shop for PAINT issues,
I've had rusting on my front drivers side wheel arch which was sorted,
Had bubbling paint from the suns heat on my rear bumper, which again was sorted.
Peeling paint on the passengers door! Again sorted under warranty!
Paint Lacker peeling off the Bonnet! Sorted under Warranty!
And now I have numerous (roughly 30) orange marks all over my WHITE roof at the back so not from stone chips where the paint is rusting again!
And the best part is my car is 10 months old!
I called Head office anyway yesterday as had enough of constantly being without a car due to it being in the dealership and for the money I pay (The best part of 300!) because these Adam's are an apparent 'Quality' car I doubt I'd have this with any other 16000 car.
I know people will say its because its a new car but if your willing to pay the money we are and willing to accept dodgy paintwork as decent quality then that's up-to you but I just think its beyond a joke now.
Anyway cut a long story short, called head office told them my issues, they checked their system saw everything that has been done and I have a quality assessor driving up from Luton to meet me at my dealership after I finish work to see the car and if he feels its under par then I'm having a full car respray with a courtesy car and the VXR bodykit fitted and painted thrown in due to all the hassle I have had with the car.
Will keep you all updated but would look at your Adams a bit more closely as I know I ain't the only one who has had issues where the paint is faulty.

Adam Jam 1.2,
I\'ll be black, white my fire roof, white wing mirrors with black splats, white grillbar, LED DRL\'s and Intellilink.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-12-2014, 06:21 AM

Got any photos? Loads of people having issues with paint! I've got about 8 stone chips on my bonnet at 4000 miles but I guess that could happen on an car. The paint is very thin on door edges too.

You've done well getting the vxr kit for nothing.

Red & Roll 1.4 Glam. Hexis Black Glitter Vinyl roof, wing mirrors and logo bar with custom Candy Red stripes. 15% window tints. Intellilink, Winter Pack, LED Internal light kit and sports pedals.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-12-2014, 06:22 AM Thread Starter

Pictures will be on this afternoon, after I've been to the dealer and seen the assessor.

Adam Jam 1.2,
I\'ll be black, white my fire roof, white wing mirrors with black splats, white grillbar, LED DRL\'s and Intellilink.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-08-2016, 11:46 AM

Laura

Hi Guys, I bought my Adam in 2014 and a couple of months back I noticed my paintwork on my front bumper had began to peel - My car went in for service last week and i mentioned to them about the paintwork and they referred me on to the body shop. After calling the body shop they have now told me that apparently it is not covered under the warranty and that the paint work only has 1 year warranty. I'm currently on hold to the head office to see where I stand with regards to this - What are your guys understanding on this?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Adam Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page