My Opinion on Adam - Vauxhall Adam Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-05-2013, 07:34 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thought I'd share how I'm finding my Adam so far as I've had him for just about 1 week now and it's starting to feel like my own car at last!
First off, I want to mention how smooth a ride it is. Going from a 14 year old Fiat Punto to the Adam I have noticed a far smoother drive on most roads, especially motorway driving. However, I have the 1.2 eco engine and I have found that this struggles to get me up big hills in 2nd gear. My grandmother lives on a hill and my Punto never struggled to get up that in 2nd gear with 2 people in the car, yet Adam has a tough time & I usually end up having to change down to 1st gear to make it all the way!
In terms of comfort and enjoyability I have zero complaints. I fitted my Adam with the Winter Pack (heated seats and steering wheel), Urban Pack, Intellilink, Electronic Climate Control, Infinity Speaker System and Panoramic Glass Sunroof and all of these things make for a fun and comfortable experience while driving. I took him for a spin up to the South Wales Valleys this week and with the sun coming through the roof, music blasting and cool air circulating around the car I was absolutely in my element.Also, night time driving is wonderful thanks to all the glowing lights and the ambience they create. Everyone who has sat in my passenger seat has commented on how cool the interior looks at night (and day as well to be honest) and I particularly love the feel of the interior at night.
I had a few issues getting the BringGo App to work when I used it first, but with a good play around you soon figure out how to get it going, and it is very useful. I love that I can use Spotify with the Intellilink system, even though it doesn't show artwork. If anyone wants to know, all you have to do is connect your phone via Bluetooth/USB & open spotify & start playing. This will override the iPod music playback, easy!
My only worry is leaving my car alone in a car park while I am at work! I'm sure everyone else feels similarly. I feel very protective over Adam and at the moment he has taken prime position on our drive, safely tucked away at night Overall, I am extremely happy with my Adam, and with the spec/colour/options I chose. Also had a great experience at my local dealership. If anyone has any questions I'll be happy to answer them too!

Jam 1.2 Start/Stop 70PS
Greenspotting with White my Fire Roof
Twisted Green Pack
Urban Pack
Intellilink, ECC, Infinity Sound System, Panoramic Glass Roof
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-06-2013, 12:44 PM
Dan
Administrator

Thanks for your review - you sound very pleased with him! Good news for everyone out there waiting on one at the moment<div id="watchlr_dummy_element_for_plugin_detecti&#111; n">
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-06-2013, 08:37 PM

I find that the 1.2 engine is very sluggish. Really have to put my foot down to get it moving and overtaking takes forever. Then i look at the dash and notice 18mpg average until i take my foot off the accelerator to make myself feel better and see 48MPG. Would say no no to the 1.2, never driven the 1.4 but for a small car, i think a 3 cyl polo or Up has smoother acceleration and better economy than the 1.2!

Vauxhall Adam Jam, 1.2 ecoflex, Pump Up The Blue, Infinity Sound Upgrade, 17\" Hurricane Alloys. \'They see me rollin...They hatin...\'

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-07-2013, 12:05 PM

Pretty good review.. I cant wait now Did you opt for the larger wheels? I stuck with the standard 16" but only test drove one with 17" which apparently have a sports suspension. I hope the 16" are comfortable and smooth as I did like the 17" but couldn't afford them as I upgraded the engine to the 1.4 eco. I get mine in September so got a long wait to find out what its like!!
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-07-2013, 02:57 PM
did

mine cumming in sep to ive gone 4 the 16inc wheels to gone 4 the brown one 1.4 stop start
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-08-2013, 05:18 AM
Dan
Administrator

16's should be more comfortable than the 17's - a bit more rubber between you and the road.<div id="watchlr_dummy_element_for_plugin_detecti&#111; n">
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-08-2013, 06:49 PM Thread Starter

I got the 16 inch wheels. And I find it very smooth. I think the only thing I would change would be the engine size. Definitely would like more power now & again, but the 1.2 does what I need it to do just fine enjoy yours when you get it! x

Jam 1.2 Start/Stop 70PS
Twisted Green Pack
Urban Pack
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-08-2013, 07:45 PM

how good is the sound system fross2 think its my best upgrade and my 1.4 87bhp is really sweet motor plenty quick now its been run in
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-09-2013, 04:58 AM Thread Starter

Its awesome! I am so glad I upgraded to the sound system because I love my music in my car. Done a few long trips now & loved every minute thanks to those great sounding speakers

Jam 1.2 Start/Stop 70PS
Twisted Green Pack
Urban Pack
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 05:50 PM

Thank you for the reply's! I am very much looking forward to getting it! X

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Adam Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page