Adam Owners Club banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have had my Adam for nearly 2 weeks now. I have put my foot down a lot, but have also tried a lot of conservative driving too.
I'd like to know what other 1.0T owners are getting RE petrol consumption.
Putting foot down: Averaging, 26MPGDriving conservatively: Averaging, 36MPG
Any replies are greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!
Scott
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
I have had my 1.0T for about 5 weeks. I get roughly 42mpg
My trip to work includes a 3 mile trip down the motorway where I do tend to take it easy. My town driving is somewhat more aggressive and I'm normally a gear below the recommended cog. Hope this helps. Make sure you have reset the average fuel consumption readout and take a longer average over 2 weeks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for this Gary!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
83 Posts
Not too sure on mpg in our 1.0 but we have done just over 400 miles and only put about £40 of petrol in. My maths isn't amazing but I calculate that to be around 60mpg. This is mainly used around town by my wife but about 100 miles hasbeen motorway. All I know isit isMUCH more economical than our 2012 1.2 corsa was and also my 2011 A4 2.0 tdi.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Boothy. You do know that the car displays average mpg so no need for the calculator lol. The economy does seem to be heavily biased towards driving style. I am happy because I don't need to pussyfoot about to get a reasonable value. Happy days.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
It would seem to me the car you own and where you live will also have a bearing on your fuel returns. Also, I thought the car got better after several thousand miles ?
There appears a fairly big difference in cars based on the 2 comments in this post already. I reckon, if you use vauxhall figures and take 15 miles off, it will be somewhere near. Any thoughts / comments ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
83 Posts
GaryInKent said:
Boothy. You do know that the car displays average mpg so no need for the calculator lol. The economy does seem to be heavily biased towards driving style. I am happy because I don't need to pussyfoot about to get a reasonable value. Happy days.
This is a good point - Though I hardly drive it so have no idea what it is displaying! I will have a look tonight.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
431 Posts
mpg will increase the longer you own the car. My 1.4 was on like 39/30mpg, now nearly a year on I'm getting 48/50mpg x
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
I'm getting better than that from my 1.6 turbo adam!! its averaging 28mpg on my daily driving. can get 36mpg on a long run.
and ive got lots of power!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
ADAM_Vxr said:
I'm getting better than that from my 1.6 turbo adam!! its averaging 28mpg on my daily driving. can get 36mpg on a long run.
and ive got lots of power!
About same as my Corsa VXR mate!
my Adam 1.2 gets about 40mpg on average when I'm cruising on motorway at 75ish.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
To find your average mileage per gallon, turn the 'collar' on your indicator arm towards the dashboard and it will tell you your average mpg and average speed. Turn it towards you to return to normal dashboard display. I have done 10833 miles at an average of 50.1 miles. Most of my mileage is commuting - most of which is on the motorway and about 20% in town after that. By far the best average is on the motorway but wherever you drive, accelerating uphill/accelerating hard will diss your mpg - a light right foot is the only way to achieve good fuel economy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So I've done 1700 miles in mine. Yes I do put my foot down a fair bit, but even on the motorway up to Birmingham I was getting 40 mpg at 75. I have to pussyfoot around to make around 39ish town driving....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
102 Posts
I had mine a year now it's a 1.4 was getting about 32mpg to begin with now I get around 36-37mpg. I'm another one with a heavy foot though
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
I get 32 mpg with my 1.4 adam, I hope mine goes up soon like yours Steve
I've just started checking but in 4 weeks it's gone down by 0.1 haha
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
102 Posts
It will I use a tank a week, I just kept checking when I filled up and then reset it. It did vary abit at the start only noticed the last 2 months or so it's gone up. Had it a year in march
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
steve diamond said:
It will I use a tank a week, I just kept checking when I filled up and then reset it. It did vary abit at the start only noticed the last 2 months or so it's gone up. Had it a year in march
How do you reset it? I thought it just amended itself, can tell I don't know much hahaHow many miles do you get on a full tank? Mine doesn't display higher than 260 ): to be fair most of my driving is in rush hour traffic so that doesn't help
mines just gone a year old, but I've only had it 4 months bt it's not done too many miles yet so hoping it will start to go up now
Edited by: Natasha
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
102 Posts
Yeah I think mine says 255 on a full tank. When I check it I actually get 230. If u twist the left stick it shows you how many miles you have done since you last reset, how many mpg. And your average speed. To reset just hold the button on the end of the stick. If you twist again it will show you your 2nd slot. So I reset my first slot everytime I fill up and I reset my second slot once a month. Hope this helps
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
83 Posts
boothy90 said:
Not too sure on mpg in our 1.0 but we have done just over 400 miles and only put about £40 of petrol in. My maths isn't amazing but I calculate that to be around 60mpg. This is mainly used around town by my wife but about 100 miles hasbeen motorway. All I know isit isMUCH more economical than our 2012 1.2 corsa was and also my 2011 A4 2.0 tdi.
Ok I messed up my calculation on this... it was actually 46mpg not 60....
Not too sure what it is now - think the car is on 800ish miles - I hardly drive it as my wife is the main user. Next time i get in it i will have a look on the computer
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top