Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently bought a vauxhall adam which is my 1st car im usually quite up to date about cars but this one I didn't really pay attention about being small city car if I'm honest I'm a typical bloke big cars big engines and big engines with 1 million bhp you know the sort but I really love the car so much fun to drive and very nippy and quicker then my mates corsa lol. Anyway to the question is there anything I should look out for like problem wise as I know its a new car and 1st generation cars generally have a few bugs as anything else does in its 1st generation any advice and tips are welcome, thank you

·
Registered
206 Posts
all I could say is just go through some of the technical posts, this is my first car aswell and some of them like the brakes thing (when the car has been washed/brakes get wet) the brakes sound like they're grinding. I had this happen to me the day before my driving test and nearly drove straight to the garage to have a look but got home, looked on here and the post was already here

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did go through and a quick look and at the moment (touch wood) I think I'm lucky to say I haven't suffered any of these problems bar the one about the gear not going into 1st sometimes but only at speed greater then 15-20 mph so assumed this was manufacturers way of stopping damages to gearbox because when im at a standstill it slots in so cleanly so thought nout about it to be honest. But thanks for advice

·
Registered
163 Posts
Don't engage 1st gear unless you are stationary... it does not have the same synchro as the rest and you will damage the gearbox....I know instructors tell you to do it now while teaching peeps to drive, but take it from someone who has seen the upshot of this and don't do it

·
Registered
163 Posts
No probs mate...

Although joolz is my misses, I am scotty and have been a mechanic for 20 years.... if you need any advice or info, just holler

1 - 7 of 7 Posts