Adam Owners Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my ADAM for nearly a month but I'm still finding selecting first gear a little hard sometimes.
I'm assuming it's just because the car is new and needs bedding in etc.

Anyone else had similar problems. It does go in gear but sometimes I really have to like push hard a coule of times for it to select the gear.

Thanks Amber

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello ambz247,
I've had my Adam for about a month now too and I have had the same problem, I've had to try three times to get it into 1st gear I just thought the same as you as its a new car it needs wearing in.

Sara

·
Registered
457 Posts
Sorry to upset but I've had my Jammie about 18m , and still have this problem ,
Bit of a bugger getting into reverse sometimes too 🚘😔🚙

·
Registered
75 Posts
It's happened to me a few times, only when starting off. I have no problem when i've been driving and changing down the gears.
Juliex the car wants to be in second gear when its around 8mph and above which might make it hard to put it in first gear. At least thats what i got told when i was learning to drive!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Happen on my Corsa aswell, also reverse, but I did read somewhere, if it happens which your still, put it in 4th gear, then out and it "re-sets" the gear box and will go into gear then, which has worked for me, also when selecting reverse.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Reverse, 1st and 2nd gears are all temperamental at times, especially when its been cold.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
At least it's not just me. Yeah I've never had a second gear like I have in the ADAM. You can't just move the gear stick straight down you have to put a little pressure and push it down a little for it to go in. I found this very tricky when I first took one for a test drive! Getting use to it know though.
Thanks for the comments :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had this problem, but I also had it sometimes with my Corsa so i thought it was just me...i guess it still could me me too
I find sometimes getting it into reverse awkward, I literally tried 10 times the other day in works car park, in the end I just rolled as I was almost in my parking space anyway, but it was rather annoying.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have this sometimes as well, more often with reverse.
I find just depressing and releasing the clutch works, I think there's an electronic interference of around three seconds that stops you engaging first too soon after reverse (and vice versa), it may be a software bug that may be fixed at the next service.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.