Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my 2nd tick yesterday.
How long does it usually take after the 2nd tick until it arrives at my retailer? The date says 25th April so 2 weeks from today I assume but i'm kind of hoping it's earlier. Just can not wait to get into my Adam.
Also does anyone know how soon you get your new reg? I will have to ring up my insurance and get that switched over to the new car some time in the next 2 weeks.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I think you get 5 days free Vauxhall insurance, so you can do that after you've collected your Adam. They give you the reg a couple of days before collection

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh that's great if that's the case. I've always bought second hand cars so had to sort the insurance out for the day of the swap over, this is my first brand new car.
Thanks

·
Registered
944 Posts
You'll get registration details on your order sheet before you get it.

I just rang up my insurance, added the new one starting collection day and removing old one the same day. Saved me having to ring up sorting their insurance and then cancelling it 5 days later.

·
Registered
424 Posts
My dad just bought a Mokka and all he did was change his own insurance 5 days after he picked it up. There was no need to cancel the Vauxhall one, it was for 5 days only and then expired. He also confirmed with the dealer that he wouldn't be moving his insurance to Vauxhall when they provided a 12 month quoteEdited by: gillsid

·
Registered
117 Posts
You can do the 5days free insurance online once your dealer has the registration number.The cover note is sent to the dealer almost instantly allowing them to tax the car.I did ours a couple of days before collection.As for the time it takes to arrive at the dealer from the 2nd tick being received that seems to have vried from what I have read on here. A week to 10days seems to be the norm.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Ah must be different depending on dealer. We had it on other car and had to call them when there to activate it and then call again to cancel it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Its Vauxhall insurance Alex so it shouldn't matter what dealership you use.All the dealership has to do is give you their dealer number which then allows you to do the rest.It is for 5 days only so no need to cancel it either.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Well, like I said above, it was different for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts