Adam Owners Club banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HelloMy Adam is due its 2nd year service in March which I have been paying on a service plan scheme with Vauxhall anyway.Road tax is due too, £120 for a year.MOT?? This sounds silly and I probably did if I had to but I cant remember having an MOT done last year so thought maybe I didn't and that new cars don't need one for the first year or two? Any ideas?Emma

·
Registered
944 Posts
Nearly. 3 years. ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you're concerned about paying your tax in one lump, when you get your renewal notice now there is the option to pay monthly by direct debit. My (tiny) Adam costs me £2.62 A MONTH now - much easier to deal with!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I thought road tax was going to cost me £30 as I have the 1.4 with start stop. My girlfriend has a 1.3 ka with start stop and costs he £30 a year. Not sure how much it costs if you don't have s/s. The tax was the main reason I paid for this feature

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yep just got my tax through today for March. It will be £30 exactly for the year. 1.4 start stop

·
Registered
206 Posts
where are people getting the £30 a year road tax from or am I getting confused somewhere, pretty sure mine was £120 (1.2 non s/s)

·
Registered
102 Posts
It's the start stop it reduces the price alot. Yep mine came through a couple of days ago it's definitely £30 for the year

·
Registered
6 Posts
It didn't take much maths to work out that paying extra for s/s paid for itself within 2-3 years (I think). It was a bit of a no brainer so - yes, Martin B, with the little extra DVLA charge for paying monthly, I pay £31.44 a year.

·
Registered
407 Posts
If your road tax is £30 for the year why would you want to pay it every month.So much easier to pay the £30 not more!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't have start stop and for my 1.2 I pay £120. I think I will pay 6 months and then a year in September so it doesn't clash with my insurance etc. :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
mjb8028 said:
where are people getting the £30 a year road tax from or am I getting confused somewhere, pretty sure mine was £120 (1.2 non s/s)
If i recall there is something like a four or five g/km difference in co2 output between s/s and non s/s. Thats why I opted for s/s. I never use it but it saves me a fair bit in RFL.

·
Registered
94 Posts
When I bought my 1.4 they wanted £800 extra for stop start. The difference in rfl is £90 that makes it a lot of years before I would break even.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts