Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my Adam 6months and now I have the exhaust problems and my lights are condensated up some mornings. Gonna book him in to be fixed today. Im glad I have the warranty.

·
Registered
54 Posts
It will be interesting to hear how you get on with the dealer. Some previous posts have indicated that the dealer response is not as helpful as we would expect with these recurrent issues.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im hoping my dealer is one of the good ones and they will fix the problems

·
Registered
944 Posts
My lights are always like that in the mornings....

·
Registered
568 Posts
Apparently many people have suffered this so it should be easy with it being a common warranty claim

·
Registered
431 Posts
sorry to hear Tracy that you are having problems! its frustrating right!? Hope the dealer fixes everything for you

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They are having a look at my Adam tomorrow. Sounds like they might do my lights fingers crossed

·
Registered
944 Posts
Might ask about mine then.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I got my rear light clusters replaced with no problems. I waited until the 1st year service because the garage is 40 mins away and not in a direction I normally travel. Leaving it that long meant the condensation got worse and therefore I feel they couldn't question the problem. There was aldy on here a while back whose dealer refued to do it because she had an umbrella in her boot!!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My dealer is only 5mins away. With the exhaust problem starting thought I'd might as well tell them about the lights.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorted my exhaust but wont do the lights until they see it for themselves as they said its a sealed. Iv told them I will be back as it does it loads.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Tracey, take photos on your phone, they'll be dated and you can show them a stack of evidence. Mine used to do it intermittently but then it became permanent and much worse so they didn't query it at all

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ive got pictures on my phone they still want to see it themselves. I will just take it the next time it does it.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Has this been fixed in new Adams?

·
Registered
114 Posts
What is this exhaust problem of which you speak?

Just wondering because mine is becoming rather fruity. I like the noise but if it is a problem I want it fixed!!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
It's the centre box baffle that goes and the sound is a terrible rattle at low revs,makes the car sound like a bag of nails,dealers have the new part in stock now and can usually replace quickly.
Think the light problem must be the only thing we haven't had on our Adam.....yet!!
But it's on 12,000 miles now and all is well

·
Registered
44 Posts
The lights misting up is actually in the manual which is why a few of you may have had problems in getting it sorted, its on page 106 under lighting, it just says to clear it put the lights on and it quickly disappears - this could be why it wasnt there when you got to the garage. x

·
Registered
146 Posts
Wonder if the rear light units misting is only on the glam and slam's as they are LED?
Maybe dont get as hot as normal bulbs?

·
Registered
162 Posts
My adam Jam has LED and mine do it so not only on the more up market ones, the LED's are available on Jam's also its a feature all Adam's can have not just the Slam and Glam,
anyway mine does this but i ain't bothered, it clears in like 3 seconds and if you look they have a small hole in the outer lens cover so Vauxhall clearly know this is an issue and the hole is in to have the condensation clear quicker,

·
Registered
424 Posts
Mine got to the point where it never cleared. Instead of misting it was proper beads of water that built up and ran inside the unit, so keep an eye on them because if it truely is a problem it will get worse

1 - 20 of 22 Posts