Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I own a Adam Jam and I got it very early on in April. I am however feeling continuously disappointed with it. I'm stuck with this car for what is goingto feel like4 very long years!My car has been back to Vauxhall7 times now.. 4 times for problems with the window wipers, twice because my handbrake became very loose and kept making a popping noise and once because I thought my tracking was going. This topic is for my window wipers.. The first time I put it down to it being a new car and thought it was teething problems. But now I am booked in this week for a 5th time I am wondering if it is just me having this problem. They thud across the screen and hit each other. They make such loud claps that I think my windscreen is going to crack! Every time Vauxhall tell me they have tightened them and send me on my way.. But come on?! Its not one of the cheapest cars and I am fed up of wasting half a day at the garage for what is becoming a regular occurrence!Can anyone give me advice? I don't know where i stand in a position like this and weather ishould be demanding morefrom Vauxhall.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I had this problem . Took car in twice. Adjusted second time and seem ok so far but im nervous ever time it rains

·
Registered
457 Posts
I've been twice , siri and exhaust , 😔but still love my jammie 🚙👍🚘

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm sick to the back teeth of mine. I love it to bits but in terms of issues it is getting daft!
Exhaust part replaced, engine management, steering, multiple stereo upgrades the list goes on.

So bad now that I refuse to take my car in, they had to pick it up and leave me the salesmans car (All after making an official complaint of course)

I have a phone call Monday morning with the Group Sales Manager for my dealership in regards to rejection. My point being why should I pay for a car for so long which has become so unreliable :(

·
Registered
61 Posts
The windscreen wiper issue has been a nightmare - I sorted it myself in the end in an act of desperation by cutting the end off one of the wipers, you can't notice it unless you look really hard but it's still not an idea solution exactly. Plus my local Vauxhall dealership is terrible :(

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey guys.. My adam as been in 3 times with with a steering issue where it is normal one minute, very heavy and then as if city parking is on? It feels like a death trap, its been in once with issues with windscreen wipers, headlights and taillights misting and fogging (apparently part of the design :S), some body panels are not straight, baffles blew on exhaust and had to wait for part from germany.. Intertele link conpletely froze for 48 hours flat.. Had a gutsfull of it now. I love mu adam but im literally on the final straw before trading it in!! Anyone had the same issues with the steering as i am scared to drive it..

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've had my car taken into Vauxhall 3 times with various issues, all of which have been ignored as the fault doesn't happen while it's in their hands, however, EVERY time I've turned my engine off, it make a squeeking sound, which I have now got recorded and will be taking to them to prove what I'm saying is right, I feel really mugged off, every time I have an issue it's brushed aside. Of course I'm going to be paranoid about my car, it's new and it's expensive! Will be going back in soon if I have my way!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hope some one actually sorts out your issues with the car
I would feel exactly the same and i have already warned my salesman that if i have any issues with the car i will make my annoyance known, especially if i get fobbed off with excuses!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Gez_BGB how are you getting on with your car, as i noticed you picked it up a few days ago?

Have you had any of the issues that have come up on these forums?

I shall be getting mine early next month I think.

I have already had problems with the garage and vauxhall, so I really hope there is no issues with the car
or I will be devestated.

I have sacrifised moving out to get my adam!! So It better be worth it.

·
Registered
944 Posts
What problems have you had with the garage and vauxhall?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Silly me was under the impression the Red Twisted pack came with the Red interior leather pack (red steering wheel, handbreak and gear stick) as shown in the picture on the vauxhall website, there is no small print or anywhere saying on the red twisted page that those parts are another optional extra.
4 weeks after ordering I noticed and contacted dealer and vauxhall to try and get this pack added, and ovbiously pay for it. They are saying it is too late to add anything to the order as it is at "event 33" stage and already built. :(, Vauxhall have been quite good actually, but the customer service I have had from my garage is AWFUL, they never contact me back and I am constantly chasing them, it took about 8 telephone calls and 3 days for them to even call VAUXHALL customer service back, let alone myself. Vauxhall told me they raised it higher that they was not responding. It took a week to get the garage to co-oporate which I feel could have made a difference to me getting the pack added or not.

But nevermind, not alot I can do now. A manager finally called me 5 days later saying he has just been informed, and they have given me the choice of taking the car in a few weeks when delivered, or starting a whole new order. He gave me the weekend to think about it and said to let them know early this week.I have tried to ring them to tell them but he was away from his desk.. and supprise supprise 5hrs later and they still havent called me back and they probly wont!!

I highly doubt they will honour my current agreement cost wise (+ the £165 for the extra pack), as I managed to get quite abit off, and also honour my part exchange price, as the car will be 6months than when first order till they actually get it. So I have decided to just take the car thats coming, I am too impatient to wait and dont want to fork out too much more money.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Ah slightly annoying then.

One the top 24 pictures it doesn't show the red leather pack anywhere though... It was only an assumption on your part.

That's the problem with the 24 models. You need to look closely at what your getting as it's a pain to add to them after!

·
Registered
148 Posts
LauraGlam i have had my Adam 12 days and nearly done 500miles since collecting, so far i haven't found or seen or heard any of the issues mentioned on the forum. But i do really want to get it on a motorway for a couple of hour run to see how it is on that.

Only moan i do have is how small the fuel tank is, but i am used to big cars with big tanks, my Pajero is something like a 90litre fuel tank and my Vectra was 50 or 60 litres.

Stealth's 38litre fuel tank seems tiny in comparrison, but i knew it had a smaller tank any way so not a problem its me that has to adjust to that fact.

But i am getting between 43-45mpg at the moment by using the speed limiter or cruise control depending on what style of road i am on, the speed limiter is very very handy!

Sent from iPhoneEdited by: Gez_BGB

·
Registered
72 Posts
Well thats put me slightly at ease! I will definatly be looking around the paintwork and checking window wipers before I sign and leave. 43-45 sounds good. I currently have a 1.2 corsa sxi and I have been getting around 32. But then again its probly how I drive! And my current car only takes about 35 litres so I shouldnt find that a problem. Glad u have had no issues so far. Fingers crossed for me. Enjoy your adam!!

·
Registered
424 Posts
LauraGlam, I've had my Adam since March last year and I've had light clusters replaced and my wiper have banged about 5 times. I have had no other problems with my Adam. I have a 1.4 s/s and do about 45mpg on my short daily journeys through the hills of the Peak District. The longer journeys I've done give a better mpg and its lovely to drive on the motorway.I love my car so much I still smile every morning when I see it on the drive

·
Registered
72 Posts
Did you get the lights replaced under warrenty?
MPG sounds good, I drive short 15-20minute drives through country roads to work, so hopefully will get the same.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Yes they replaced them at the first service under warranty. I couldn't be bothered to go before then, it's nearly an hour away

1 - 20 of 28 Posts