Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone
I've been to my local dealer this morning, to get some figures, andconfigure a Jam whilst there.I was looking at the Jam 1.2 SS EcoFlex, Red, with Urban+Chrome Packs + Sun Roof, red interior, Morocana Seats.
I really wanted the black roof, but the dealer couldn't seem to allow that combination.(Was on the config site).And we noticed the Chrome Strip (shown below) doesn't show on the Configurator.http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/content/dam/Vauxhall/Europe/united_kingdom/nscwebsite/uk/Home/Vehicles/Cars/Adam/992x374/vehicles-adam-992x374-VX_ADAM_18810_VSC_3.jpgThey've told me it must be a website issue, and it definitely will be on it if I order.
But how can I be sure? No chrome strip would be a deal breaker for me, as I couldn't have the black roof+ sunroof.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
424 Posts
I would check with another dealer if I was you, the chrome strip is a standard on the Glam, and is part of the Chrome pack but it isn't on the Jam as standard. The chrome pack costs £125: includes upper side wimdow mouldings, chrome inserts on door handles and chrome door sill covers.
Also not sure about your black roof and I thought the glass roof was a cost option- it is on the Slam for £500 (inc VAT)
The website configurator has got its faults, he should have a big book with proper option allowances in it that they can check for you.
I got my info from the Adam price/spec guide - did they not have any in the showroom?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Going by the Config Site, the Chrome pack is included with the Urban pack.I don't mind paying for it. On the website though, you select the Chrome pack alone, and it makes no visual difference. The dealer was thrown by this, especially as the Chrome strips are shown on all pictures of the Jam.
I'm happy to pay the £500 for the glass roof.
And I've just played around with the Config Site again, and I can have the black roof and glass roof, you just need the Twisted Red+Roof Pack (which includes Black+Red tires).
I think the amount of options the Adam has, just goes over their heads.
-
Heres my configuration.Chrome pack included, but it appears to make no difference on the website.http://vauxhall-adam.co.uk/?uid=7d4b1a88-0816-11e3-a813-00e081b15482&via=mail#/exterior_design
Edited by: callum91

·
Registered
424 Posts
Glad you look like you've sorted what you want. Is it still cheaper to add the packs rather than order the Glam?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To be honest, I don't think so! - It's £14180 for the above spec (Jam, 1.2 SS, Urban+Chrome Packs, Twisted Red&roof, SunRoof, Morocana Seats, Sport Pedals, Winter Pack, Siri, MoodLights)
As opposed to - £14,975 for Glam - 1.2 SS, Twisted Red&Roof Pack, Black Roof, Morocana Seats, Winter Pack, Siri, Parking Sensors... It's got the ECC as standard.
I'd quite like the Parking Sensors tbh. And they're not on the Jam .

·
Registered
424 Posts
As far as I'm aware parking sensors aren't standard on any of them, my Glam hasn't got them.

The winter pack is fab - I love the heated steering wheel!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh yeah, I know it's not standard on the glam. But it's not even an option on the Jam.
I think I have made my mind up. May as well just go whole hog and go for the Glam ;)

I'm looking forward to the winter pack, I really hated driving last winter. It was painful to even touch the wheel :(

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi
I have ordered a Adam slam this morning, I had the slam configerated and the jam configerated, the only difference was £400 and the strips by the top of the doors, got to wait till January for it to arrive now :( can't wait want it now

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did your dealership say the Jam definitely has the Chrome strips?
January ?? :-S why such a long wait ? I was quoted 12 weeks from order date.

·
Registered
12 Posts
We de-chromed ours (her's) and with all the "mods" done the order date was April and we won't see it till September. I think the Adam was more popular then they realised...

·
Registered
424 Posts
In my booklet parking sensors are an option for all 3 models

·
Registered
457 Posts
I've got a jam , with parking sensors 👍

·
Registered
229 Posts
orded my glam 14th june said be here in pleanty of time for 1st sept not here now till 27th sept thats 15 weeks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The parking sensor or APA2 option goes when you select the TwistedRed&Roof pack :(I ended up ordering a :
Jam 1.2 Eco S/S . Red'n'Roll. Urban Pack(+Chrome). Twisted Red&Roof Pack. Black Roof Paint. Sun Roof. ECC. IntelliLink. Winter Pack. Black Morocanna Seats. Sport Pedals.
Order goes in Tuesday. I don't mind waiting till Xmas,as it allows me to pay more off my current car, reducing my future rates ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts