Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how accurate the estimated delivery date has been for people. Mines on the 8th august and ordered car on the 29th may. I'm really impatient I know but I'm just too excited! :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Abs,
I know exactly how you feel, I think i mentioned my car to people at least once a day haha!
I ordered my car 18th May, when the order had been accepted vauxhall called me to say it had been estimated for delivery on 23rd July, this has been the same day up until when it was finally built on 8th July, then it changed to 22nd July, as you can imagine, even a day earlier gave me much excitement lol!
Spoke to Vauxhall on 17th July who said it has been registered, was in the UK and could I come sort finance paperwork out as delivery was expected immimently, even more excited.. so I went down to sign last Friday, when I was there they told me it was with the courier, could arrive any day but it had actualy changed to 25th July now.. but this doesn't mean anything as he wouldnt be suprised if it turned up Monday or Tuesday this week (obviously it hasnt...) He has my driveaway insurance started from yesterday.
Im just really hoping it does come Friday at the absolute latest as I sold my car yesterday as agreed weeks ago on the basis it was supposed to come on 23rd. I go away with my other half for the weekend which has cost us £400 and as i am the only driver I will be very angry if they cant get their deliveries right at such a late stage of the order. :-(

What have you gone for, I hope yours comes earlier for you.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Question, once your order is placed, how long does it take for Vauxhall to contact you with a tracking number, est delivery date?
I placed my order on the 5th of July and haven't heard anything yet.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hey, i ordered mine the 18th of May and it is due in next week although my estimated delivery started off saying the 21st of August.

Martin, if you ask your dealer to double check, the dealer I'm with didn't even know there was a tracker!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I wonder why your estimated date was so far away at first? Have they been in touch to say where it's at, at the moment?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Mine was so far away because I had ordered some of the Let it blue options such as the alloys and interior and they weren't available to order until June because it was a new colour. Even though it comes in next week I can't pick it up until the 1st of September due to getting a 64 plate. 15 weeks of waiting is not enjoyable

·
Registered
469 Posts
I spoke to my dealer, and he said Vauxhall would send me an e-mail with the tracking number and est delivery date.
I was just thinking that after 2-3 weeks they should have a rough time scale of it by now thats all.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Ill leave it until the first week of August so its been a month.
If I havent had anything by then ill call them and ask.

·
Registered
7 Posts
**Warning - unhappy future Adam owner **
I've had an absolutely shocking experience with my dealer. I ordered my car back in early April. I still haven't got my car. I wasn't given my login for the on line tracking (in fact i didn't even know it existed until i found a comment on it on this forum). When ordering the car i was originally told it would be here late June early July. On this basis, i didn't renew my car tax which ended on 30 June. When i finally got my on line tracker login, the original date was 16 July. This date has soon crept around and i hadn't heard anything from my dealer. I called him up and was advised that it was still showing the 16th July but they didn't know. It wasn't long until the date was then put back a week, to 25th July. Last week i hadn't heard anything so i called my dealer - they said they new nothing about my delivery but would check on the system. To date, i still haven't heard anything from him.
I have recently noticed that the estimated delivery date has now been removed from my on line tracker - I haven't seen that anyone else has experienced this so I don't know if it is now across the board but I wouldn't get your hopes up on getting you car on the estimated delivery date.

·
Registered
424 Posts
rsh2212- you may well get a nice surprise as often the delivery date disappearing means your car is on it's way so it's a good not bad thing

Waiting is hard but I waited 5 months as I ordered mine Nov 12 before any had been delivered to the UK and I didn't get it until March 13. It was one of the first customer build Adams in the country but it was well worth the wait- I love it still x

·
Registered
35 Posts
My dates been disappeared since last Friday and still no arrival :(

·
Registered
35 Posts
Mine disappeared when it was registered and in the uk, so been waiting a week just for transport

1 - 15 of 15 Posts