Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any body else got this fault tappet noise ticking on tick over also fan has developed a strange ticking noise on all settings

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hi,

If you are getting a tappet noise, check your oil level immediately as a lack of oil in these engines can cause tension problems with the timing and pressure faults in the head ....

If level is ok.... I would then contact your dealer (I assume your car is under warranty) and explain the fault.... If you are asked to take the car to them, ask the dealer if its still ok to drive it to them, that way if anything goes wrong its them who advised you to drive the car...

As far as the fan goes, just ask them to look at that while they have the car.... it may need a new fan... but more often a bit of debris from outside makes its way into the heater box so will just need cleaned out

Hope this helps

·
Registered
568 Posts
When our Adams get older I bet they suffer with the typical vauxhall timing chain/belt issues as well

·
Registered
229 Posts
i herd the tapping noise yesterday when i at to stop and turn the radio off to talk to someone i will check my oil

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks car booked in for next saturday . Update when been in also told dealer about back light fogging up she says never heard of that fault and will have to inspect I believe by posts on here its common ??

·
Registered
424 Posts
Lights are definately a common issue on here, I had both mine replaced last month

·
Registered
163 Posts
Just a quick message to try to put all your minds at ease.....for the most part, you will not have much of a problem with the timing if you make sure you look to do frequent oil and filter changes on your car....engines now are oil dependant so I usually change mine early.....

This must work as my other car is an 04 plate fiat doblo which I have looked after since it was born and it has done 525,000 miles

·
Registered
568 Posts
I'm guessing the 1.2s are chains

·
Registered
163 Posts
yes they run chains... basically the same as the corsa z12xep engine... oil quality can affect the hydraulic chain tensioner

·
Registered
22 Posts
my timing chain has just broken on my ADAM.
I heard the clicking noise, called the AA, was told not to drive it so took it to the nearest Vauxhall garage.
This is covered under warranty but so far it's been in the workshop a week!

My ADAM has already has already had to have a new exhaust and now the timing belt! Bad batch?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Fan issue seems to be a reoccurring issue for Adams, I've had two brand new fan motors installed as both previous have started knocking and ticking and the second ended up pumping thick black smoke into the cabin.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts