Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 800 miles Adam is sick
and isbeing repairedunder warranty. We noticed a rattle/throaty growl fromthe exhauston Saturday, other half (the technical guru) thought it was a loose baffle or heat shield broken and today it was confirmed by Vauxhall that it needs a new centre box. The service manager at the garage thought it wasspooky becauseone of his colleagueshad taken a demo car home last night and commented that it too had the same noise and is now hoping it won't become a common problem.By the way, I have previously commented on a forum post regarding customer service and mentionedthat I visited 4 dealerships before buying my car. The dealer I purchased from (Evans Halshaw in Portsmouth) were less than helpful in booking the car in to identify the problem - told me they regarded it as urgent but couldn't see me until next week?! Thank you to Picador in Southampton who saw me within 48 hours and so far have been really helpful. Fingers crossed they get the part in quickly and Adam feels better soon!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had the exact problem at 2000 miles. Was told the silencer needed replacing due to a broken, rattling baffle. All done under warranty and he sounds better again!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi NeaghJust wondering how long it took before your repair was undertaken? 2 weeks later and I'm still waiting for the parts to be delivered? Am I just beingimpatient (as usual)?KJ

·
Registered
457 Posts
I can't decide if mine has a cough now or if i'am just paranoid 😕

·
Registered
37 Posts
I took it to the garage, they said they will order the part in which took maybe 2 days and they fitted it the next day! So was very smooth for me, sorry to hear its not the same for you!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I seem to be doomed! No matter which Vauxhall dealer I go to in the south of England I get rubbish service and hassle

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Angeolly

It's more of a growl, accompanied by a rattle, obvious when you switch the ignition on and are in low gears.

Kj

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Glad to say that the problem has finally been fixed - after an epic wait of4 weeks. Fingers crossed that's the end of it and no more visits to Vauxhall until the first service is due.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts