Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my gorgeous Adam 12 months ago today. I still love my car and sang Happy Birthday to him this morning, much to the embarrassment of my son.

I still think has the best specs for a car in this band. My favourite paid for accessory is the heated steering wheel and favourite unpaid for spec is the Hill Start Assist (living in Derbyshire there are plenty of hills to try it out on)

I've done 6800 miles in the year, getting about 43mpg at an average speed of just under 26mph. I did notice on the way to Chesterfield last week my mpg went up to 50+ - I was very excited but the journey that way is largely downhill

The problems I've had (considering this was one of the first off the production line) are:

Condensation in the rear light clusters - replaced under warranty with no problem
Banging windscreen wipers, where the driver one slams onto the windscreen and makes you jump out if your skin - nothing done by the dealer. As it's only happened to me about 6 times it did seem stupid they would only do something if they could replicate the problem! I'll be ringing them every time it happens now until they sort it.

I honestly have had no other problems and find the car nippy and a dream to drive, even up and down the hills

·
Registered
88 Posts
hope you treated it to a wash and polish as its 1 today lol

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ahhhhh gillsid ill look out for u around chesterfield!! When i finally get my james blonde adam and u see some crazy woman waving at you its me haha 😃 x

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You'd be lucky to catch sight of me in Chesterfield to be honest, I live the other side of Buxton but bought Adam from Chesterfield. Had a bad service experience in Macclesfield (and they never got back to me when I bought Adam) and Vauxhall in Stockport has disappeared.

I bought Adam from Chesterfield, I'd never seen one, sat in one or driven one until a year ago when I picked him up and he joined the family

·
Registered
172 Posts
happy birthday to you and Adam, I hope you helped him eat his birthday cake, as we all know birthday cake has no calories, that is scientifically proven, :)

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cake here today again - hubby's birthday today

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yeahhhh defo did, ive only seen a greenspotting one in chesterfield so far but i did see a blue one being delivered at bristol street motors today :) x

·
Registered
229 Posts
ive seen a purple one black one and a blue one i was going have yellow with black roof but ad brown in the end u will love it when u get it shelly

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ooooh very nice i liked the look of the brown one tbh :) i know i absolutely cannot wait i just wish i would get my 1st tick so i dont have to keep checking the tracker lol!! 3 weeks today i ordered him!! :)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Awwwwww our purple Adam 1,4 87bhp was 1 yesterday and all it got was a puncture

Must admit were on 12,000 miles so doing quite a few more than you and the mpg is around the 39 mark,had the first service monday and when asked any problems we could only say squeeling rear brakes which still do!!But we had a new wiper link and that stopped the banging,new centre exhaust but no light problems.
So happy birthday Adams

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Purpletimbo - just curious - when did you order yours I wonder if they came over on the same boat together, followed each other down the production line - twins separated at birth?

·
Registered
146 Posts
I actually bought the Canterbury Vauxhall demo Adam,they were pretty much told by GM in Germany what demo they were having,the dealer down the road in Broadstairs got pretty much the same car purple but with a black roof and black and silver alloys,bit gutted i didn't pay extra for the number plate which was VX13ADM but they were asking a lot ((

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I built mine, chose what I wanted but ordered in Nov 12. Had my light clusters changed today, hope they've sorted the problem now

·
Registered
146 Posts
What happens to the lights,do they completely fog up,think it's only problem our car hasn't had but touch wood it seem's ok atm.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
They get a mixture of fog and condensation in them and the left one was always worse than the right.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

1 - 19 of 19 Posts