Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"L" plates. Took the plunge last night & sorted out some temporary cover for the eldest. Spoke to my insurance & to put him on it was another £1000
so got in touch with a company called marmalade insurance they run a leaner driver scheme where you can but cover for the leaner & it's fully comp £85 a month.

Never heard of this till his instructor said about it spoke to my insurance & it's perfectly ok. So we now have one chuffed lad in the house as he can now get his arse finally in the driving seat of his motor.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Ive never heard of that either but to be honest wouldnt you be better off paying the £1000? As £85 a month for 12 months is £1020!?lol
Fairplay to you letting him learn in adam, my learner car was a complete wreck :(

·
Registered
424 Posts
He hopefully won't be learning for 12 months though. This is probably learner insurance where the learner has an extra policy on your car. When they pass they can be added as an additional driver to your policy or get their own car

I got a quote to add my daughter to my 12 month old Adam, she was 18 with 1 years no claims bonus and it was £1000 more. She has got my old 58 plate SXi Corsa. The first year with her as main driver cost £2400 (that was with black box technology) it came down to £640 this year.

I kept the Corsa, she's driving that still, it was cheaper and Adam is safe!!

·
Registered
206 Posts
I passed in my Adam in December, wasn't ment to but my instructor ended up in hospital ill the week before my test and he managed to sort cover for me. My new instructor said that as I'd already been driving my Adam with my dad it was stupid trying to learn another new car just so it was as easy to do a few proper lessons in my Adam and then took my test in it... Instructor was really happy with it except she couldn't see the speedo from the passenger seat, even with it right back, which I guess helped during my test if the examiner couldn't see it

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Better not take him 12 months he's already been learning for 12 months now
he's now got to the point he needs to be driving with someone else other than his instructor so hopefully it'll only be a couple of months. Also might give him a bit of incentive to crack on.

The £1000 was for the remaining 6 months on my policy
when he passes then he gets the car & he's insuring it himself.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I used the co operative insurance and I simply had to ring them once I'd passed my test so my insurance was no longer learner insurance. Cost £1200 back in 2010

·
Registered
206 Posts
Yea mine was about £60 a month with Hastings, passed my test, got home phoned them and changed the details and the policy total went up to about £110 per month but was only back home for the duration of the phone call and was back out again

1 - 8 of 8 Posts