Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got set on getting an adam yesterday, I want the jam 1.4 in red with a black roof. so not that many extras.
just wondering what kind of discount from the list price I should expect (if any) went to the show room they offered me a £300 discount , on a 12000 car this seems not very much. Just wondering what you guys paid?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Lots of people on here have done better than that, I've got Friends and Family but I still negotiate. If you've got more than one garage near you then talk to them both and let them know the best deal gets the order. Orders start to decline now because of Christmas but they've still got targets to meet. Also there's a special weekend coming up, not sure what they are offering though.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Just checked and apart from the normal 0% deposit and payments over 5 years they are also offering up to £2000 deposit and £500 petrol money. I bet you could get a better deal based on that. Start talking this week and tell the garage that the one who gives you the best deal gets the order regardless of the weekend offer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well just went to the other dealer close by, he said they have there partners discount (around 2%) but they have no further discounts at all as the Adam doesn't need them apparently.
my problem is I only want a fairly basing model 1.4 and intellilink are the only 'extras' but they will have to factory make that how long does that take ?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Factory make has been taking up to 16 weeks for some people.Looking at where you are, I bought mine from Chesterfield from Bristol Street motors - 0844 556 8916 My sales man was called Richard Kelly, he was great. I know discount wasn't big about 4 months ago, but there are always deals to be had. I'm surprised you've been told there arent any.Ring him, tell him I recommended him, he sold his first ever Adam to me. ( He was the first one in the area to sell an Adam from my order) Tell him you are looking for the best deal you can get, don't tell him you've not had much luck elsewhere and see what he says.My golden rule when buying a car is - never tell them what you want to pay, ask them what their best price is, if I get a better deal from somewhere else I tell them I never exaggerate. It depends how empty their order book is.Don't forget it's their special weekend this weekend so they may not be desperate for orders this month. Maybe December would be a better month to buy, unless you feel the £500 petrol is better than the discount. Personally I'd rather have the discount I got
Edited by: gillsid

1 - 6 of 6 Posts