Adam Owners Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Adam Rocks is marketed as the world's first urban mini three-door crossover.

It will first appear at the 2014 Moscow Auto Show next week and we'll have all the news and details once Vauxhall announce them.
Its crossover body style is taller, wider and tougher than other ADAM models, supported by a chassis that is raised 15mm with a 20mm wider stance. Agile parkour athletes that move from one place to another, negotiating urban obstacles in between, were the inspiration for this sporty crossover model.Its rugged individuality combines with open air fun. The full-length electric folding canvas roof is available in a choice of three exterior colours Black, Sweet Coffee or Light Oak – that combine with the different roof colours of the ROCKS. New exterior paint colours will also be introduced, starting with the vibrant yellow Goldbusters.ADAM ROCKS is the first model to feature Vauxhall's all-new 1.0-litre ECOTEC Direct Injection Turbo three-cylinder engine. This high-tech pocket rocket raises the bar for three-cylinder engine refinement and packs up to 115PS, with impressive low-end torque of 166 Nm.
Is anyone looking forward to this car? Are you planning on buying one?

·
Registered
944 Posts
It still looks bloody awful.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I agree, I dont like it either.
Its following what mG and Ford did, turning the KA into a Street KA and the MG ZR I think it was into the Street ZR.
They just looked like FWD cars made to look a bit like 4x4.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Martin_B said:
I agree, I dont like it either.
Its following what mG and Ford did, turning the KA into a Street KA and the MG ZR I think it was into the Street ZR.
They just looked like FWD cars made to look a bit like 4x4.
Yeah the Street Wise i think MG called it. I'm not a fan of sticking black plastic around cars to make it look edgey and more aggressive, just ruins it IMO.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Why couldn't they do a version that was soft top without all the plastic! It would sell much better IMO

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea I remember hating the streetwise when it came out - perhaps they were ahead of the game?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Dan said:
Yea I remember hating the streetwise when it came out - perhaps they were ahead of the game?
I believe Rover really were trend setters for some manufacturers. I remember Rover making prototype 1.4 and sub 1.4 turbo petrol engines and they were laughed off.Now most manufacturers are usuing turbos as standard in their engines. Best car I ever had was a MG ZR 2.0 tdi.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I hate it, the plastic trim is cheap and ugly. Why don't they make it a small 4x4 to compete with the Fiat Panda. In the Peak District I'd love a small 4x4 but the Panda is sooooo ugly and the Adam can be so good looking

·
Registered
469 Posts
What would be bette, is if they realased the ADAM with inter-changable parts. So you buy all white or black, then you can buy the interior to change yourself by popping clips and being able to change the car yourself.

·
Registered
162 Posts
You can already do the above?
I swapped my white interior and white grillbar and wingmirrors for red then got bored and put the white back on,
you can also buy the decals and lights for the roof just got to pay to get them fitted,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts