Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of the early reviews in the motoring press suggested that the ride and handling of the Adam was not what they would have expected and felt slightly let down by it (Although I doubt any buyer would have noticed).
The good news however is that Vauxhall have listened to feedback and have tuned the Adam for UK roads and our driving style.
In co-operation with Opel chassis engineers, Vauxhall chassis guru Gerry Baker conducted some wide-ranging tests to set the car up in a way that would please local customers. The setting was signed off “weeks ago” on some pretty narrow and badly surfaced roads around Vauxhall's Millbrook proving ground, and Autocar was allowed to try it.
In fact, they tried five different iterations, starting with the original European set-up and ending with the one signed off for the UK. Just the fact that this was possible – simply because Baker's laptop could ‘talk' for a few minutes to the car's computer – shows the great versatility of electronic power steering. In the old days, Baker was quick to point out, it would have taken a couple of hours to swap systems, assuming the right one was available; it took days if itwasn't. By this time, much of your memory of the original fault would be gone.
They then tried the new UK settings. This was the same steering wheel, in the same car, yet suddenly its responses seemed natural and intuitive. When a looming Transit appeared at a crowded apex, Autocar's Steve Cropley said his hands knew exactly what to do. "I found myself driving the Adam with comfort and commitment – yet considerably faster than before. It was a little heavier, but mainly it was entirely predictable".
Excellent news for all us in the UK!

·
Registered
206 Posts
i bet when mine comes it rides like a brick 18" on a slam chassisand springs and to round it ofsheffield pot holed roads and speed bumps on nearly every road
but i can live with it just for the looks it will get

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know - I'm used to a lowered car and big rims too so I'll be fine. Looks will be

1 - 3 of 3 Posts