Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I was just wondering if you test drove any other cars before choosing the adam? And what was it that made you pick the Adam in the end.

I think I was attracted to having a brand new car that nobody else would have.. Plus Vauxhall being quite a respected car company.

I test drove a fiat, Volkswagen up and ford KA.
I got talking to a fiat sales assistant a couple days ago and he couldn't believe what I was paying monthly for the Adam when mine is basic spec for everything. I pay £210 plus £15 service plan. And about £20 per week for petrol.
I know car salesmen want to give you the big talk about all the deals but for a fiat with very low road tax/no road tax when my Adam is £105per year and being able to have a top spec/top of the range fiat 500 he left me feeling quite mugged off!

Does anyone else think they pay too much per month? My adam is a year old now and has constant problems!

·
Registered
426 Posts
I've saved more money than any other car I was looking at if you compare spec! The only other car this sort of size I would own would of been the seat mii! But then I decided to opt for vauxhall considering I work there etc! And I've always owned one they've never been a bother on the whole! I wouldn't dare own a fiat, cheap and chatty and very plastic too! I think Adam is a cut above the others for looks too! More on par with Audi a1 sorter style!
I pay;
£105 tax
£139 per month for Adam jam 1.2 in red n roll
£2,000 deposit which was just my trade in so I've essentially put no physical money down it feels like anyways lol

Can't wait to get it now! Not long to go! People who have bought them from my dealership have had no major problems and they all have great things to say and love their Adam! Edited by: Smith101

·
Registered
172 Posts
I would take the fiat salesmans advice with a pinch of salt, yes he may well give you a much lower monthly payment, but there will be a high final payment after your 3 years of finance.I pay 160 per month, that is for 5 years with 0% interest. 18 a month for service plan, but I have taken the service plan over 4 years so it includes 2 minor, 2 major services and 2 mot's.I really only looked at Vauxhall because of the 0% finance with no final payment, test drove the corsa and adam, didn't like the drive position of the corsa, plus though the corsa starts cheaper, by the time you have added a few extras, that the adam has as standard, then the corsa becomes more expensive.Touch wood, no issues yet with the adam, but the lifetime 100,000 mile warranty is reassuring, compared to many other manufacturers offering 3 years.I have the stop start engine, so road tax is £30 a year.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I looked at fiat 500,mini, audi tt (diesil) and the audi a1, in my opinion-
Mini- lovely car but way to common
Fiat- nice but not half as good of quality as any of the others.
Tt- nice car but a stand tt looks naff and a speced up one is mega
A1- boring as ****! And i genuinly believe the adam was the same build quality when looking over them!
Adam- every penny you pay off is money for the car, no intrest! Lifetime warranty, and cheap tax, insurance and fuel......was a no brainer for me, not to mention there gorgeous, quirky, cool and rare! Result!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have always had toyotas previous to my lovely Adam and would have got another had I not spotted the Adam! My favourite up to now was the Toyota IQ which I thought at the time was a brilliant spec, everything I needed, tiny car etc. Don't get me wrong, it is a lovely car...great on fuel, no tax costs and it's so tiny and nippy. However I was paying £200 a month for this on a PCP and when I looked at the Adam, I couldn't believe firstly that I could get it for cheaper per month and for such a good spec. I wouldn't change it for the world now and only wish I'd have got one sooner! For such a tiny car, there is still so much space I feel from what I have come from. It has a great engine and feels so much more luxurious :D I also like being quite unique too!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I originally had my heart set on a Fiat 500, but after going to have a look at one and a sit inside I felt like the quality of it all really let me down! I then went to look at the Adam and just fell in love! Far more quality in the design and interiors, love the fact you can make it your own and love the fact that they aren't so common on the roads - more unique!
The 0% interest was a real pull as well, along with the 100,000 miles warranty! I was so sick of unexpected repair costs on my current 02 reg corsa that I thought it was time to upgrade and so the warranty will be fab! Just can't wait to get it now!
I'll be paying £195 per month and will more than likely add the service plan charges to it as well. I was clear to the dealer on my monthly payments being with £200.00 and he really did help me get what I wanted for that price - some figure fiddling I think but worked out well for me! I did haggle a bit and managed to get the cost of my corsa in the exchange increased and they threw in GAP insurance for free if I accepted another form of protective car paint and fabric cover.
Walked away feeling very happy that I'd got the exact car I wanted for the price I wanted :)

·
Registered
944 Posts
I didn't want a PCP deal, I don't want to spend £1000s on a car then hand it back and have nothing to show for it. I'd rather know my monthly amount was paying off the balance.

I looked at the Up and 500. Not a fan of the 500 and they are all over the place. The Up looked cheap inside compared to the Adam.

I got a good deal and I pay £145 a month for my Glam and there's obviously no huge final payment at the end. Considering my Adam has the heated seats, internal lights, intellilink etc I doubt I'd find a car as well specced as the adam for a similar price.

·
Registered
431 Posts
My heart was set on the DS3! the garage at citroen wasn't giving me the deal I wanted. The car was great, but was well out my price range. I went to Vauxhall the next day, sat in the Adam and was told all the extras etc then said If I get it today I can get free insurance blah blah. The sums just seemed to add up. Adam by far inside looks like its made with more expensive materials and the overall custom options was in the thousands. Much better car and I don't see an Adam every day on the road like the DS3 you see hundreds and not one to be a follower and get a popular car, I wanted one that stands out and was the right price/quality. Adam wins hands down.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I looked at a mini, 500 and Ds3 and all would have been far more for me. I've got hp finance and it's £215 for 5 years with £200 deposit for a rather upgraded Jam. Adams are a bargain with the 0% APR. I'm currently paying more for a 61 reg Kia Picanto because the APR is 20%!!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts