Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to add extra apps to the ADAM? Is it done via an update to the car or what?
I've managed to get an app called DriveLink working on my nexus, which reads out messages and uses google navigation, but when i try to use it in the ADAM the intellilink still only shows Stitcher and BringGo.
The app is designed to work with miracast which is what the BringGo app runs on, so there's no reason why it shouldn't work?
It's almost as if it just needs to be told that the app is on my phone, so that i can take the icon and use it as a button for boot up.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
206 Posts
looks like your going to be the tech guy on here mate.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Abbie1989 said:
We do need a tech guy
I don't have a clue the only thing I have worked out would be the mood lighting lol 😊
Ooh mines supposed to have mood lighting but i have yet to figure it out lol

·
Registered
22 Posts
The three apps that are on the ADAM when you buy it are the only ones that work with the intellink system. When your ADAM gets serviced, they update the system. I think this is the only way to do it. But so far Vauxhall only have those 3 apps that work with it!Has anyone tried the sat nav app yet? Wonder if it's worth downloading as it's not free!

·
Registered
17 Posts
It's only 69p for a trial period! I paid about £39 for the full bringgo which is great because it means I don't have to get a separate satnav but isn't good considering they didn't make it clear its a trial. Also what really pisses me off about bringgo is why the f*** do they see the need to charge anything for a free trial at all?!?! That is well out of order if they know they will get £39 for a full member!

Great satnav but wish they was more honest with pricing.

·
Registered
38 Posts
is the £39 for the full bringo app the total price or is there a yearly cost or an update cost does anyone know xx is it really worth having

·
Registered
11 Posts
Afraid Bringgo has been pretty useless for me. I paid for the full version and it directs me off motorways only to direct me straight back on it and has taken me well off track on some journeys. I am back to using the TomTom

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have the 69p version but it has been working for 7 months now. It is better if you enter the street name then town etc as the postcode option only allows 4 digit entry. It's worth a go for 69p!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I downloaded the Bringo app only my Sony Z1 only to find it doesn't even work just comes up with an error code very time I try to open it which is a massive shame :(

·
Registered
117 Posts
I bought the Adam because of Vauxhall's Tag line "Best Connected Car". I've spoken to them recently about the lack of effort keeping it the best connected car and they don't give a **** it seems. Just say there are no updates on apps or getting the intellilink upgraded to Carplay. They respond in a very corporate way and it seems the only way we'll get new apps is when we buy their next car which i'm sure will have an amazing in car entrainment system (that's what the glossy mag will say) . I also complained about how useless Bringgo can be and that the fact that it gets such poor reviews on the app store can be brand damaging. Once again it seems they are not bothered which is such a shame! My intellink crashed the other day while I was on the drive. I managed to get a pic of the 'Opel' logo which showed up when it crashed. Posted it to Vauxhall's twitter. No response to that message. Wonder why? I've just got fed up with it all crashes and poor software...

·
Registered
53 Posts
I emailed customer service about the lack of apps etc. I got the standard 'this isn't what you want to hear .... But we have no plans etc'. I did point out their website is still saying 'watch out for new apps in the future' and this clearly isn't the case. I still feel this is mis-selling but not sure who would be interested.

·
Registered
64 Posts
It's really frustrating. I was under the impression most apps would work typically, maybe I shouldve done even more research and maybe they should be a bit more honest.

I tried sending them a tweet but no response.

It would be nice to highlight the amountof owners clearing having the same concern and wanting more

·
Registered
145 Posts
I've heard murmurings that the Intellilink runs BlackBerry OS, so it *should* be possible to sideload Android apps on to it - but no one can access the DEV options.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I am slightly annoyed now, that a year since I have had my adam that no other apps have been added. I thought by now, like it says on the website"Watch out for new apps in future"</font>This hasn't been the case and I would of thought vauxhall would want to keep ahead of its competitors that are installing apple car play. I would like to see lots of apps.. how hard can it be to sync your iOS device and run apps from the screen... like mirror the screen on your iPhone onto the intellilink?!frustrating, but apart from that, great car just a shame the tech isn't there yet.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts