Adam Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm looking to buy the Adam jam 1.0 turbo in purple fiction. Anyone got this engine and can recommend it? Read bad reviews about the 1.2 and 1.4 and I do a lot of hill driving so thought I might need something with a bit more poke to it? Also my daughter is 5 soon. Will she fit in the back in her booster seat? Thanks in advance for your help. I love the look of the car but want to make sure I'm getting the right car for me xx

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi..Just received my Jam today, brilliant.Re your engine I don't think it will be what you want, I have gone for the 1.4 eco stop start and it's quite nippy. I did have a run in the one you suggest and didn't like it's response..to as you put it Poke..Hope this helps.Michael H

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ooh that's confused me now! Been reading all the reviews and they all said the 1.0 turbo was the quickest....now I'm back to square one haha

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the Glam in purple fiction, white roof in 1.0 T I find the engine very nippy, good responses it's better than my Fiat 500 1.2. I love it

·
Registered
20 Posts
HiWe have had our Adam since Mid March and absolutely Love HIM...Jam Red with I'll be Black roof and all black interior, Black wheels,the engine is the 1.4 Eco stop start. we have a few hills around here in north Devon and drives super, engine not fully run in yet but getting around 40 mpg around town, Yes I would say your little girl would fit well in the back in her seat, bare in mind that (I think) a child has to be in a safety seat or booster seat until the age of 11...check this out.The more I drive it the more I love it...we are ageing parents to a new little boy !!!!!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I thought the 1.0 litre engine was supposed to be great.
Your dealership will let you fit your booster seat in the back to test it all out properly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ive just bought an Adam 1.2 Jam in white, love it already but the petrol fuel flap doesn't lockalong withthe central locking. does anyone else have this problem, is it a fault.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have the 1.4 and its great! All there reviews are on about how the 1.2 1.4 are not as good but TBH thats silly they are all good just depends if your all about the 0-60 in a second or two quicker or prefer a 6 speed box. I have no problem getting some wheel spin from a dead stop so even the 1.4 has plenty of get up and go.... Also, 1.0 is supposed to be quieter but I find mine really quiet. In the end I just couldn't justify the extra cost as the only things you get are 3mpg+ £30RT and 0-60 2ish seconds faster.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes it is supposed to lock, you have a fault, take it in .Mine works fine.Good Luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello

I have the 1.4 100PS Adam Slam, there is no problems with the engines it is a very quick engine and will move along with ease, you'll be looking at more problems with getting a 1.0 Turbo as you'll eventually have problems with the turbo, best thing too get is the Adam Jam in a 1.4 100ps and it is a brilliant engine!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Having owned 1.7 corsa diesel covered 100000 miles without any turbo problems,what problems will occur with 1 litre petrol in Adam?The 1.2 and 1.4 engines are dated and are slow.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine is an adam jam 1.2 and i love it to drive so far.... just hope im not going to have loads of problems with it, there are mixed reviews.....

·
Registered
55 Posts
My 1.4 isnt slow... although I agree the engines are old and dated. I was quite surprised with mine after coming from a 2.0l Renault Sport Clio....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts