Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wifes '13 Jam went in the dealers almost 2 weeks ago for the following
1) Clicking noise from drivers side in engine bay2) Loose plastic scuttle trim.3) Radio recall
1) Was told it is the Air Con pump clicking in every 30 seconds. Live with it !!
2) New scuttle trim on order.3) radio sorted, not that anything has noticeably changed
Anyone else had any issues like these ??

·
Registered
206 Posts
my aircon pump is noisey. but thats what it sounds like dont ever switch mine on.carn't do with it cutting in and out when standing plus it kills performance and mpg

·
Registered
163 Posts
Firstly, there is a definite fault if the air con pump is clicking every 30 seconds.... probably a pressure fault which means I would be inclined to do a nitrogen leak test and re gas.....

If no leaks are found then the fault could in theory be in the a/c pump clutch

Secondly, and im not preaching.... air con in the past has decreased mpg, however, these days it can actually improve it....The air con in some models actually helps warm up your engine quicker in the cold , therefore bringing the cold start off earlier and also dropping emissions.. it is also far better to run the a/c whilst de misting your car as it provide a far dryer air through the vents

Take the car back to dealer and ask for them to check again..

If you want to check yourself you should get approx. 5c temp from the vent and you can get temp probes for a tenner these days

·
Registered
457 Posts
I have heard a pumping noise before now , normally when I have less than a third of a tank of petrol
But not sure what or where it's coming from 🚙👎🚘

·
Registered
163 Posts
Thereis an electric fuel pump, but there is no reason I can think of that would make it more audible when less tan third of a tank.. however I will look into the setup on the adam and se what I can find out..

See if you can work out whether or not the noise is coming from under the back seat area or engine bay

·
Registered
457 Posts
Will listen out , thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Car going in again in 10 days to get new scuttle trim fitted. Needs to be with them for 2 days as they also need to remove and re-seat the windscreen.Will also get them to look at the clicking noise again, as it seems to be making the noise even when the Air-Con is switched off.
Will keep you posted.

·
Registered
163 Posts
2 daysto fit a windscreen ????

We use a windscreen fitter that would do that in an hour anda half

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Car gone in today and should be ready tomorrow for the plastic scuttle replacement/windscreen refitment. Also having 1st year servicePlus got Mechanic to listen to noise so knows what is going on.He doesn't seem to know, but doesn't appear to be the Air-Con pump. When listening again, it appears something is clicking on for approx. 30 seconds and then switches off.Hopefully get this resolved and update with an answer.Fingers crossed

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My wife got her car back last night.
Scuttle replaced, although not checked yet, as dark and wet.
1st service done, got a free bottle of Oil, whooopee !!!
Unable to cure clicking noise, was told this is a characteristic of the Adam. They alledgely checked a brand newAdam and this is doing exactly the same thing. Is the 1.2 Ecotec engine the same as in the Corsa ??
DOES NO ONE ELSE HAVE THISISSUE/NOISE.
Car not cleaned either, which was promised after last visit.
Will NOT be getting a 9 on their survey.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Yes Widdy it's a fiddled version of the corsa 1.2 but that's why I've ordered it because I've had the corsa 1.2 and I know it's a good reliable engine

·
Registered
4 Posts
i had a problem with radio mate crashed for 2 days solid until it killed my battery when i charged the battery up it was still crashed so took it to perrys to sort it but the question i have is every time the radio needs updating will it crash

·
Registered
5 Posts
My Adam has been in twice with the same clicking problem as your Adam, it is in fact still at the dealers as I refused to take it home when they said there was nothing wrong with it. I will not accept that there is no fault with it. The first time they took it in they changed the Air conditioning compressor which cost £1050 it has had rear light changed and both front lights changed also due to condensation. The clicking noise has still not been dealt with though and I refuse to accept that this has to be lived with.The revs increase when it clicks and then lower when it clicks again which makes me think its the air con cutting in even when its not on.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Its not an issue what so ever,
I have the same engine and its perfectly fine, doesn't affect performance or the mpg,
I've had mine on the dyno and performance meters and nothing changes from when its ticking over to after its clicked, not a slightest dip in performance, the only way to cure it would be to decommission your AirCon if its annoying you that much, simple enough just remove the fuse that runs it.
We get loads of modern cars in the garage I work at, mostly brand new Mercedes as we are a merc dealer, and these do exactly same, except the sound casing and the more premium design and make means they aren't as loud,
This is vauxhall we are talking about not exactly luxury by the standards of other car manufacturers, hope this all helps for the ones worrying in regards to performance and MPG, it all stays the same. I'll try get my reading off the system at work and upload them for you all.
But do let me know what happens with the one in the garage, want to see what Vauxhall decide to do in regards to you not letting it go with the noise,

·
Registered
104 Posts
Don't use your air con if a clicking noise is upsetting you.
Honestly I have to deal with people like this at work (I'm a mechanic) I've spent numerous hours looking for faults that aren't there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
well to be honest that would be ok to turn it off if it was even on in the first place. Its ok for mechanics to moan about customers that complain about problems with their cars, but when you purchase a new car you dont expect it to have things wrong with it and then get told to just turn it off or remove the fuse.
Would you except that if it was your car, no I dont think so

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have this issue on mine! Look at all other posts I've done where my car has been in 5 times for paint issues so I know how you feel! Which is why people on here offer their advice to help and let them know they have the same issue for keyboard warriors to kick off!

Don't like it take it back and get a refund, absolute bunch of chilish people on here as above people only offering their advice!

I paid £16000 for my car and I got so annoyed I called head office who sent an accessor on a 5 hour drive to then say we will respray it and left without a car for 3 weeks! Air con pump is not sounding too bad now!

Call head office and if nothing is done then kick off not at people who know what they are talking about offering to help!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts