Adam Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last couple of days it's been toasty enough for my to have the aircon on... Especially as I've been starting work at 3 so the inside of my car has been roasting in the sun most of the day....

Yesterday I switched the aircon on and thought it was a bit sluggish, thought the tyre was a bit flat (as that was what happened last time had a screw in it) but that was fine... Then today put the aircon on and didn't really notice anything except once you go past 30mph or your pulling away from a junction it feels like your trying to pull away in 4th as if the aircon is draining like 80% of the power... Have only got the 1.2 but asked a guy who I knows works for Peugeot and he said it'll affect fuel and it might use a bit of power but not enough that I'd feel it..

Just wondered if anyone else has had any problems with it in the past

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mate me too! I literally have to turn it off if I'm at a junction or trying to pick up speed. It impacts performance significantly. If you accelerate in a straight line and whack it on you feel it instantly. Feels like you've come off the pedal to accelerate. I have the 1.2 too. Just an annoyance though, but as it's an old 1.2 engine design and they try make them euro compliant they end up being weak in areas. Have a look at fiat 500 on watchdog. With that you couldn't do a hillstart as no power!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glad it's not just me, it's not like we'll be using it much anyhow, that's summer over and done with

·
Registered
162 Posts
No issues for me and i've same engine, been through 2 summers with it not one issue,

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nope just the standard 1.2

·
Registered
9 Posts
We had exactly the same problem when it was new, now after 5000 miles it seems a bit better. 1.2 engine.

I questioned this with the dealer when it was taken back for a few other niggles sorting and the mechanic said you should expect it. My reply was not when pulling out into a gap in traffic and the thing wont go.
it was like one minute there was nothing there then all of a sudden it would accelerate as you wanted it to.
Its a bit better now but it seems worse on cold, set it on warm and all is OK. I will bring it up when it goes for its first service.

Edited by: simounts

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.