Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had any issues with smelly aircon?

Every time I start car up there's a nasty smell... Goes after a while. Any ideas?

Also... Anyone know where the pollen filter is located in the Adam?

Finally... I was looking around under the bonnet and noticed something and didn't know what it was... What's this cable for?!

One end is front of bonnet...

Other end goes into the car...

Edited by: alex

·
Registered
146 Posts
Looks like the lombarda sensor,nothing to do with aircon,just monitors the exhaust gasses oxygen mix to the ecu.....
is the smell like eggs? maybe the exhaust warming up?

·
Registered
146 Posts
hahahahaha seriously thought its was the grey cable we were talking about,bonnet cable was to obvious ;)

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guessed it was something simple... Missed that though!

What's the black one that goes behind the cover on the inside of the bonnet then?

The aircon smells like... Urine! Think it must be bacteria.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Hmm, the air con smells in my old Fiesta. Never knew what it was... Goes after a while in that. When I used it more often, the smell didn't happen.

·
Registered
163 Posts
First of all, make sure you put in a new pollen filter..... if the old one is choked or damp, this will cause a smell inside the car.....Also, we have what we call air con bombs...Basically you put the air con on full and make sure the air recycle feature is on and put the can in the car and hit the trigger....this circulates and anti bacterial mist through the systemWhen I come back today, I will post the name of the product...hope this helps

·
Registered
469 Posts
Sorry to go off topic.
Just nopticed in your second picture, is the bonnet held up with a metal stick instead of gas struts?

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does the aircon bomb leave any mess? Assume it won't affect window tints?

I'd have a look at pollen filter but not sure where it is...?!

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Aircon bomb didn't work... Now to work out where the pollen filter is...!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Our adam smelt really bad after a few weeks very musty damp smell local dealership bombed air con and was great for a few weeks then smell was back asked them to check on last visit but told they couldn't smell anything so now just have to keep an air freshener in all the time so any other clues would be great
If this helps pollen filter is located in the passenger footwell on the righthand side as you look in . Look for the long thin black panel the filter is behind it.l found it easier to get filter out if you remove the glovebox, only 4 screws.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts