Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help, I took my Adam back to the garage today as the pip on the middle of the dash board was not flashing, I checked the manual and done everything that was written I the book, pressing the button twice in 15 seconds etc. waiting for 30 seconds for nothing to happen when the light should flash, The garage hooked it to the computer and couldn't find anything, after sitting their for 5 hours, only to be told that the Adam Glam is not fitted with an alarm just an immobilizer and the light will only flash if their is a fault. Has anyone else noticed this on theirs? OR am I being spun a yarn.

·
Registered
424 Posts
My pop doesn't flash, I didn't have an alarm fitted either

·
Registered
206 Posts
mine doesn't fash as well. think that book tell's lies

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The book is miss leading, I've just shown my dad he seams to think it should flash, he is gonna contact vauxhalls on Monday.

I was told that the higher speck adams have alarms however if the Slam has no pip on the dash and the glam does what has the jam got?
I know the manuals are mass produced, but surely it should say in small print subject to car speck!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had this when I got my jam I read the book and thought my car should flash but the jam doesn't have alarm, I think all cars should have alarms!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You would have thought so, it looks like the Glam and Jam have these pips on the dash they should have alarm. Thats what the book says.
I know with the immobiliser you cant start the car, but im slightly disappointed that their is no alarm......Good old vauxhall.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Neil, what model did you get? I wasn't even told about an alarm when I ordered my I'm slightly disappointed this wasn't explained to me that this is an extra.

·
Registered
424 Posts
The alarm is mentioned as an extra in the brochure and to be fair to the salesman they couldn't tell you about all the optional extras you can have on a car, especially with the amount the Adam has

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a Jam with a 'pip' in the middle of the dash...but my understanding it that the Adam's do not have an alarm, only an immobiliser as standard. Who takes any notice of alarms these days anyway!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
lisa27 said:
Neil, what model did you get? I wasn't even told about an alarm when I ordered my I'm slightly disappointed this wasn't explained to me that this is an extra.
I have a Slam but as said previously it was all in the price guide under security features I think.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Immobiliser as standard and alarm as an option,Here is the entry from the price guide

·
Registered
40 Posts
I think it's wrong they don't tell you there is no alarm as factory standard. I paid that £250 on my adam after finding out the hard way when my LE Corsa got pinched in June :'( quite happy to pay it if it means my life savings are a little more protected, not that the sales people see it that way.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts