Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i am new to the driving scene and got an Adam as my first car. Very happy with it and im now looking at adding extras slowly. I have fitted some xenons already but I am now wondering can I get some new bigger alloys to fit on my Jam. they are currently 16" but wouldnt mind putting some 17" 18" on them. Can anyone advise me on if I can do this or not or can you only do that on the Slam.
Thanks

·
Registered
172 Posts
The other consideration is that the bigger wheel will affect your speedo, it won't show the correct speed.And there is some other worrying stuff listed herehttp://www.ehow.com/how-does_4926157_tire-size-affects-speedometer-car.html
When the tire and wheel size are drastically changed on newer vehicles, the warranty may be affected adversely, or even completely voided. Changing the tire size affects the way the brakes work, it affects wear and tear on the drive train and engine, and it affects the way the vehicle handles in all road conditions. If going to bigger tires, the brakes will have more stress on them due to more rotating mass to slow. They may also cause the vehicle to handle and steer differently. If much smaller wheels are applied, the vehicle could sit dangerously low and have turning issues. If the vehicle has small rims and tires and experiences a blowout, the frame could actually scrape on the ground, causing a very dangerous situation. Check local ordinances before changing tire size to ensure that no laws are broken and safety is not compromised.
There was a site that had a formula so you could work out the difference in speedo rating from 1 tyre to the next

·
Registered
103 Posts
We have a jam with 18's on and the tyre size is 225,35,18. As long as the wheels and tyres aren't bigger than your standard wheels and tyres it won't muck up your speedo. If u go for aftermarket alloys make sure u get the rite pcd and offset. My partner used stanced uk ltd for his Vectra b Gsi estate and found the owner Matt a great help their telephone number is 01189745002.

·
Registered
163 Posts
There was someone on here selling 18" roulettes if you are interested...

Just look back the posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the advice, its just an option i am looking at at the minute, need to save up some before i make a decision

1 - 7 of 7 Posts