Adam Owners Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,I have an Adam that's coming up to 2 years old with 12K miles on the clock, yesterday there was somenoise from the engine bay so pulled over and called the AA. Was told that the Ancillary Belt was split so as it was late they towed me to my local dealer to drop off the car. When I called them this morning they said they had investigated the problem and 'A Stone had got into the belt system and damaged the belt' They also sent over the attached picture. I'm a little sceptical as I've never heard of this before and the picture does seem to be 'Staged' when you look at it. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just had a look at mine, and you would have to be seriously unlucky for a stone to get in there. If the stone is still in the pulley i would expect it to be pretty wedged.

Edit: Also just having looked at the engine, that picture is taken from underneath looking up. If the picture have been from ontop i would have agreed with the stage, but with it being taken from underneath hard to get a stone to stick like that.

Edited by: Petree2401

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sorry added a edit to my first comment.

Edit: Also just having looked at the engine, that picture is taken from
underneath looking up. If the picture have been from ontop i would have
agreed with the stage, but with it being taken from underneath hard to
get a stone to stick like that.

Did the belt, or half of it come off the pulleys? for them to say it was flailing about?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Found out that they aren't going to replace the sensor, only the plug on the loom. So £170ish for the belt and the connector, I believe that they are going to use the same pulley (with the stone removed). Dismissed my argument that if this can happen surely it's a bit of a design flaw, the service guy said he's never seen it before 😞

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.