Adam Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if any of our Adams have had any dings or scrapes yet?
Iv'e had a puncture which required a new tyre £100
First service £100
Few stone chips on the front bumper and bonnet,scrape on the rear bumper corner and a few odd scratches on the panels.
Not curbed the alloys yet,which is a big worry with them being grey.
Just a couple of annoying rattles inside the car but no big worries,so after a year and 15,000 miles its pretty good really.......happy days )

·
Registered
23 Posts

Yep! Someone drove along side Berty and didn't stop or leave a note, luckily I know people :D Wasn't at all happy, as you can imagine! Haven't had it long and people seem to disrespect others vehicles! Oh well, he's back to full health now and HOPEFULLY it won't be happening again!
Anyone else had a few scuffs or accidents they wanna share!?

·
Registered
36 Posts
My poor little green machine had a fight with another car the other day so needs a new bumper and headlight. I had to change both tyres in ine side because dozy council workers left part of the curb sticking out and rather than risk hitting the inconsiderate car that was heading towards me taking over both dudes of the road I moved over towards the curb. Because it was sticking out got two lovely punctured in sidewall of both tyres. £180 for two new tyres. :/ scraped my lovely white alloys at the same time :/ poor baby :(

·
Registered
568 Posts
I definitely would! Probably wouldn't have happened if they had been fixed.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've had two stupid scrapes in mine which needed repairing passenger wing and passenger front bumper!

·
Registered
944 Posts
Paint on door edges is thin...! Bumped it again earlier.

·
Registered
314 Posts
alex said:
Paint on door edges is thin...! Bumped it again earlier.
Haha, makes me laugh! I hit another ming vase with a mallet, that's another one I have broken! Those things are just too fragile!

·
Registered
944 Posts
Hardly the same is it. For the paint to come off by slightly touching another car then it must be bloody thin on the doors!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Awwwwwwwww,this is making me sad ((
Every time i wash the car now there is another scratch,really thin paint,need to test with one of those paint gauge things see what the deal is.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Just cleaned mine and found more stone chips. :(

·
Registered
88 Posts
Stone chips on mine too, plus the thin paint on door edges means it's a bit "metal" in places from being dinged against a wall

·
Registered
568 Posts
my Adam's been shunted side on along the passenger side. Every panel needs replacing even the rear quarter :/

·
Registered
148 Posts
Rodry, as long as you are ok! Adam can be re-built.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've had mine rebuilt twice now :( you would think being yellow people would see me.Had the whole front rebuilt and had the back done too on a separate occasion.I agree that the paint is thin though but had a paint gauge on my drivers side at the weekend to check we could machine polish it and was 148 - 155 which was normal apparently.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've curbed my front rigt alloy really badly (about a third of the wheel) I don't want to know how much it'll cost but served me right doing 5 things at once (driving, overtaking, cleaning my windscreen cause it was steamed up, talking to the girlfriend and avoiding potholes XD). Also got very minor damage to the rear bumper and a few stone chips on the bonnet and somehow drivers door.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Stone chip right in my eye line is annoying, especially as I thought I would get away with it. You know the saying that the soldier never sees the bullet that kills him? Its usually the same with stones and chips but I watched this f*"£er all the way in!

I've also got a bit of scuffing to the sump guard from the yard at work. I have told the boss outright that if he moves my truck to the "dust bowl" again, he will be getting a phone call at 9 on a Sunday night to come and put my truck somewhere which doesn't hurt my little man. There is a reason I always park the truck on a smooth surface, clear from mud and debris, and it isn't because I love Mr Bartrum!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Does anyone else find the front end (Bonnet and Bummer) get really badly stone chipped? Ours has :/ Plus the roof. Wondering if its the shape/aerodynamics of the car.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts