Adam Owners Club banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody else's Adam have what appears to like grime seeping out of the door sills? I took my car to be washed today and its sparkling apart from this horrible streak.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yes I have it too,just ordered some tar and glue remover,it's a horrible to look at isn't it? Some sort of grease they put on the doors Edited by: Sicop

·
Registered
457 Posts
Yep I've got it also , it's quite normal , not that noticeable
On my pump up the blue , and other people don't notice it
Because I have white alloy and they are filthy 🚙💩🚘

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It super noticeable on my Purple Fiction Adam! Its like white??

·
Registered
944 Posts
All over the inside of my doors. Doesn't leak as much as that though.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yep drives me mad as looks awful on James Blonde

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I apologise the image is huge no idea how to make it smaller. I am tempted to take it back to Vauxhall, This is straight after I have been through the carwash believe it or not! Looks so unsightly!

·
Registered
424 Posts
This is very common and does lessen as the car gets older, it's suspected on other threads that it's internal wax protection

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes, and it doesn't seem to lessen over time...........Even worse on White My Fire paintwork. If you get low down and look at the bottom of your open doors, you'll find two small outlets on each door. I haven't tried blocking them or anything but a good rub with some tar remover paint treatment gets the marks off - temporarily!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh Brill, does Halfords sell that stuff. I might try and pop there tomorrow. I don't want it damaging the already fragile paintwork!

·
Registered
944 Posts
Halfords will have the Autoglym Intensive Tar Remover stuff.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I used to get it loads I used showroom shine to remove it. Since my ADAM is nearly a year old dont get it so much now

·
Registered
407 Posts
You can get it from amazon, if you have a yorkshire trading shop. Also buy it off QVC or ideal world. Its great stuff

·
Registered
944 Posts
I've got some I don't need. Want some?

·
Registered
206 Posts
I don't get it as bad as this, only a patch about like 5cm on the ledge which gets covered by the door when it's closed.... I think there's a hole in the bottom of the door as like a if any water some how gets inside the door it leaves via that hole, if there's still anything left from the manufacturing that might have still been in there it's the water like dissolving it and coming through the hole, drying on the ledge and sills......it then gets lesser as the car gets older because the gunk has worked it's way through and there's nothing to make the mark

1 - 18 of 18 Posts