Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys
I've just popped down to the dealer on the offchance they may have the car in stock... and they do.
However, there's been a muck up, I ordered White Imix Cloth and I've got... black. I've got the White Two Tone pack and black upholstery.
To say I'm annoyed is an understatement, I've not made a decision on it yet, what should I do?
Thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ahh man that's not good to hear - I went to see mine today and was so scared - more so than excited in case something wasn't right! So many options to choose from I thought them making a mistake could happen!
Is there any chance of a substantial discount due to their error?
If there is then I guess it all depends on if you like it or not and would be happy with it in the long run!
Did you have much of a wait for it?
Alice

·
Registered
944 Posts
Tell them you'll take it... but with a nice chunk of cash knocked off.

Plus, white interior is asking for trouble. ;)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I ordered it 5th Feburary, so we'd be talking another two months - perilously close to when the MOT is due on my current car, which certainly won't pass, hence why I ordered when I did.
As it stands I don't really want it, they offered £400 goodwill but that's nothing, it's two months' payments, doesn't change the fact that the interior looks utter pants, black cloth with a Pearl White dashboard. It's a bit of an insult to just "live with it" when spending £12k+ on something

·
Registered
367 Posts
Yea im completely with you lampshade, its a car you have paid alot for so it should be right. Cant they order you another and let you use that one untill the new one arrives?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
L8ydg said:
Yea im completely with you lampshade, its a car you have paid alot for so it should be right. Cant they order you another and let you use that one untill the new one arrives?
I'll see if they will, one option they gave was a new car. I imagine if I reject it it'll just be sold as pre-registered anyway.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Yea you shouldnt have to wait longer for there mistake, they should either lend you a car, or give you compensation if you have to wait again. Id bypass your dealer and call vauxhall customer services as there very good, they should be able to help id of thought, failing that just say you will have your deposit back and give your buisness to another vauxhall dealer as you still want a adam.

·
Registered
16 Posts
thats terrible!! well, if it was me id take that one, and i do think white seats may be a mistake with dirt! but of course its your choice. you could just get a big discount on the new one?thats what i'd do.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I agree, Either ask for at LEAST 1k off, or just say take it back and make it again.
Then mention your now stuck with no car and no way of doing your job as you need a car, and ask for a free courtesy car until it arrives. They will do it quick then as its costing them lending our one of there own cars.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
K-diz said:
thats terrible!! well, if it was me id take that one, and i do think white seats may be a mistake with dirt! but of course its your choice. you could just get a big discount on the new one?thats what i'd do.
Quite funny actually, everyone under the sun told me not to get white seats before I ordered. I just don't 'do' dark colours

Boot_Fairy said:
Then mention your now stuck with no car and no way of doing your job as you need a car, and ask for a free courtesy car until it arrives. They will do it quick then as its costing them lending our one of there own cars.
Won't work, I'm part ex-ing so they know I have a car now.I'm going back after work, see what I can do.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Damm.
Just say you dont want it then. There is nothing worse then taking it, and a few months down the line thinking, I"I should have sent it back and got what I wanted". Your then be paying off something you didnt want and not enjoy it as much. £400.00 is nothing to be honest, like you said, 2 months repayments and its gone.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I think they will give you more off by far, as its a pre registered car now they will loose alot more than £400 selling it to someone else.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Its the dashaswell from what i understand isnt it? Dont think they would swap a dash, but maybe if they offered to just swap theseats to white that would be good enough? Your call tho of course lol x

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah it's not just the seats it's the lower dash, glove box lid and door linings.
L8ydg, they weren't prepared to do your suggestion, only really prepared to knock a fair whack off the price and a few other things, so it's a case of take this one tomorrow or wait another two months, I'll mull it over tonight.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Even if they gave you a massive discount because of their mistake you would NEVER be happy with the car, your experience of owning the car a diappointment all the time you own it. In the early days of the Adam ordering (a year ago) an Adam arrived with the wrong colour roof. The lady on here struck a deal with her dealership. They reordered the car correctly and she waited another 2 months. However she insisted she kept the wrong car to drive around in while the correct one was built

Even if you can't get them to lend you a car, don't accept the substandard one, you'll regret it. Your disappointment is high at the moment but imagine being disappointed with your car until you sell it

Hope the dealership are reasonable and I'm sorry this happened to you- awful

·
Registered
568 Posts
I wouldn't accept it but I'd contact vauxhall customer care instead and I'm sure If you're firm enough they'll help you out more. Why talk to the monkey if you can talk to the organ grinder :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey guys, just a quick update.
I went back to the dealer that night, once my outrage, let's say, had subsided, and had another look around it. I sat inside it, took a few pictures to compare but wasn't going make a decision that night, besides, the dealer had offered to try to locate a similar model with a white interior the next morning.
That night I spoke to a few people, one pointed out I had a habit of using my foot to open the door (which I denied), another said "you've gone for a white roof to complement the exterior, so why do you want it to dominate the interior?".I went back to the dealer the next day, they'd found one with a white interior so I had the option available. Sat in 'mine' once more, went to get out and... oops, I looked down and my foot was on the door.
That pretty much swung my decision there and then, if it had been wet/muddy, there would have been a mucky footprint on the door straight away. I agreed to take it, though after wrangling some free mats and 3 years free servicing in addition to what they'd already offered

By now it was getting dark, I synced up my phone and drove onto the M65, it took about two minutes for me to realise I'd made the right decision. A week later and I love it, you may have seen it on Instagram but I'll be uploading it here as well

·
Registered
424 Posts
That's great news xx

·
Registered
944 Posts
I think you made a good choice. ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts