Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just a general question, I was wondering if all Adams come with the auto headlights ? Or is it part of a package you add on ?

Cheers

·
Registered
431 Posts
think you need Light and Sight pack to have auto lights. I don't have this pack and mine are not auto. hope this helps :D

·
Registered
407 Posts
Yeah it's the light and sight pack I have them

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:-( I just saw the pack on the brochure. I thought I read every single page of it. Oh well. Thanks for the replies :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Its worth taking a look at both Sight and Light packs. One of them adds auto wipers too and a chromatic rear view mirror, (Auto dimming).

·
Registered
426 Posts
I was gutted about the auto lights too! Totally forgot lol! But ahh well!

·
Registered
113 Posts
I've been wondering when configuring Adams on the Vauxhall website and choosing the option for "sight and light pack" it says "Automatic lighting control with tunnel detection and digital high beam assist" now I know what high beam assist is other Vauxhall models have auto high beam such as the insignia, astra ect but does the Adam have this or is it a mistake as with Vauxhall models with auto high beam they have under the interior mirror a camera for working the high beam along with sensors for rain sense ect but the Adam only has sensors for auto headlights and rain sense but no camera.

I'm guessing it's been a mistake ?

·
Registered
114 Posts
It wont be a mistake or Vauxhall would have been sued by now. It doesn't take a massive enclosure for it so it could be anywhere. In fact if I were vauxhall I would build it into the front edge of the interior light hump in the ceiling to hide it better.

·
Registered
424 Posts
If by auto high beam assist you mean it detects on-coming cars and dips your high beam then my Adam does not have that facility. However my Adam is 12 months old and they may well have added this, I'd double check with head office

·
Registered
113 Posts
nsmith1180 said:
It wont be a mistake or Vauxhall would have been sued by now. It doesn't take a massive enclosure for it so it could be anywhere. In fact if I were vauxhall I would build it into the front edge of the interior light hump in the ceiling to hide it better.
But looking at the sensors the one on the window, the sensor above the mirror looking up is for the auto headlights and tunnel detection and the other sensor on the back of the mirror is for rain sense.

If it did have high beam assist you should have on your dials a symbol of your lights on and another symbol of high beam with the letter "A" on it lite up green.

·
Registered
113 Posts
gillsid said:
If by auto high beam assist you mean it detects on-coming cars and dips your high beam then my Adam does not have that facility. However my Adam is 12 months old and they may well have added this, I'd double check with head office
Yep that's what I mean. It's always said that on vauxhalls online config so it must a mistake but I didn't think the adam had it anyway as all other vauxhall have the camera on the window and xenons except some models on the astra GTC

·
Registered
407 Posts
The sensor above the windscreen above the mirror is for the window wipers. They are sensitive to the rain.it doesn't have high beam assist. Well mine doesnt I have light and sight packEdited by: Tracey.A

·
Registered
114 Posts
gillsid said:
If by auto high beam assist you mean it detects on-coming
cars and dips your high beam then my Adam does not have that facility.
However my Adam is 12 months old and they may well have added this, I'd
double check with head office

This feature debuted on Insignia back in 2009ish, because I had the product update before I stopped selling Vauxhalls and I left in late 08. If it hit Insignia then and they were going to put it on Adam it would have been there at launch I think but it's worth a check.

Vaux.1 said:
Yep
that's what I mean. It's always said that on vauxhalls online config so
it must a mistake but I didn't think the adam had it anyway as all other
vauxhall have the camera on the window and xenons except some models on
the astra GTC
Isn't the camera for the system which reads the roadsigns and displays them on the dashboard? I didn't realise the Adam had that.

·
Registered
113 Posts
nsmith1180 said:
Isn't the camera for the system which reads the roadsigns and displays them on the dashboard? I didn't realise the Adam had that.
Yes the camera on vauxhall vehicles can also be used for sign recognition and high beam assist depending what you spec on the vehicle. No the Adam doesn't have sign recognition nor high beam assist I was asking that question as vauxhall says on the online config it has high beam assist but it must have been a mistake

1 - 16 of 16 Posts