Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a bottle of AG Glass Polish today... Highly recommended. Gets rid of all watermarks and grease etc on windows and leaves them absolutely spotless. Small bit on a microfibre cloth, rub over windows, leave 5 minutes and buff it off. Works well on sunroof too.

Well worth a try for those washing their cars in the sun. ;)

Edited by: alex

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mines waxed with Swissvax Best of Show.

Any decent wax is a good base though. Usually snowfoam mine, wash with AG shampoo and dry. Add a coat of Rapid Detailer and it's adds extra protection and one **** of a shine!

I'm also liking AG Fast Glass for cleaning and also Alloy seal and Tyre seal. Edited by: alex

·
Registered
206 Posts
Keep meaning to look at the ag glass thing. The only thing I've found doesn't leave streak free and fogged after cleaning is the vex protect stuff I got with the car

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's good stuff. Starts as a blue cream, turns white and comes off really easy.

£6.50 a bottle. Got to we worth a try.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Autoglym products are the bomb. You've not seen a good finish on a car without trying Autoglym HD Wax Kit!!! Its a must. Water just literally runs off without trails! You will not be disappointed.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's good... But not a match for the mighty best of show!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Yes showroom shine is the best thing I've ever used

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Showroom shine will kill your paintwork eventually. It's good for a quick clean now and again but it's not a patch on a proper wash and some decent wax.

If it was that good surely all the professional detailers would be using it... ;)

·
Registered
407 Posts
They do use it,BMW use it, why would they if it does your paintwork in and why would places sell it if it damages your paintwork. I've used it on every car I've owned. Don't knock it until you use it. It's a wax as well as a cleaner

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've used it. It's ok on a clean car.

Like I said, if it worked then every detailer and car company would sell it.

Ever seen an autoglym, swissvax, dodojuice etc version.

If your happy with it though then that's all that matters.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Just positive comments on here please. I highly doubt such a well known brand could damage your car. It's well known with good reviews for a reason.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Like I said, for a quick clean on a cleanish car I'm sure it'd be fine.

If you rub a car covered in sand, mud etc with anything it's going to cause scratches.

It's marketed for convenience, I doubt even the makers would believe it would compete with a proper wash and wax.

Each to their own. :)

I've got a bottle of it that I don't use. If anyone is close to me and wants it to try then it's there's!

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have used it for at least 7 years neverr washed my cars with water it has waxes in to lift dirt not grind it in like other cleaners personal choice but why pay detailer when you can get same shine :)

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wax doesn't lift anything. It's full of lubricants to do that. I wonder how much wax is in it. I don't need to wax my car again for at least 6 months so just gets washed now. I suppose it doesn't matter if it's low wax though as you use it for each wash anyway.

Glad it's working for you though.

·
Registered
431 Posts
think Im converted to get some now, reading and seeing results it looks good.
taken from Greased Lightning showroom shine website:
Greased Lightning's Showroom Shine Waterless Car Wax & Polish is the solution you have been looking for. Within one bottle, Showroom Shine will clean, polish and protect your car's paintwork – all without the use of water! By simplifying the cleaning process, Show Room Shine will help you restore your car's aesthetic to its former glory in minutes, leaving you free to enjoy the rest of your day
So it may not be a permeant wax fix, but at least it protects paintwork and gives shine.I swear by AG products too! work a treat :D
Edited by: jc89

·
Registered
26 Posts
I used Showroom Shine on my wife's carforthe first time theother day it hadn't been washed since October of last yearit looks brand new, would recommend itgoing to use it on my Adam later.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts