Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, wondering if anyone can help me? I ordered my Adam Jam on February 15th and have modified quite a bit, interior and exterior. Does anyone know how long on average it normally takes for a build date to come through? I still haven't got one and I'm getting very impatient! :( I don't want to pester the garage though as I guess it's out of their hands?!

·
Registered
426 Posts
I ordered jan 29th took 5 weeks march 5th to get my first tick saying a build date of 5th April and estimated delivery of 25th April that will mean a total of 12 weeks after being told 8 but no more than 10!! Getting rather impatient now as I'm without a car as I traded that other one in already. Grr!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah no it looks like I'm going down that route aswell i was told if have my car no later than April 30th but it's not looking too hopeful at the minute! Oh dear, my garage have been great and offered me a part ex price but don't have to hand over my car until I pick up my new one so I've been pretty lucky.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Mine was 4 weeks till i got my first tick, im in the same boat as being told 8, now its 13 :(

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am currently still on track for 4th April delivery after order placed in early Feb. I also have my PX car...I made them agree a value and then told them I they can't have the car until my Adam is delivered....they wanted my business so they stuck to that!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Karl I was exactly the same, I completely haggled to get exactly what I wanted, you know they'll always get a couple of grand on top of what they pay you anyway! The latest I should get mine is April 30th according to my paperwork but we shall see!

·
Registered
568 Posts
I ordered mine end of feh then 10 days later I got my first tick and my estimated delivery is 25th April

·
Registered
88 Posts
Mine was as follows

Ordered 06 January

Step 1 - your car has a confirmed build slot
Your car was confirmed a build slot on 22 Jan 2014

Step 2 - your car is built and having final quality checks before transportation
This stage was completed on 19 Feb 2014

Step 3 - your car is on its way to your Retailer (04 March 2014)

It was actually delivered to the dealer on the 4th of March

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
5 months?!!! Oh my god that is a nightmare, I'm going to chase it up next week as concerned as to how they are going to build it and ship it within such a short space of time! I wonder if they had a back log though with all the new reg plates? That's the only thing I could think of! Jam14 do you love it?!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Hanban i wouldnt worry to much i ordered mine 26th jan, so 3 weeks before you, and with a 5 week delay mines due 18th of april, so yours by the end of april sound very realistic i think

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ah really? That totally puts my mind at ease!Thanks

·
Registered
431 Posts
yah don't worry. I ordered 8 & half weeks ago (14th Jan).. got my 2nd tick on the 11th March. Its due 28th March. thats just shy of 11 weeks from order 2 delivery. wish it was today... such a nice day for a drive!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ah I know! My partner works away and he is due to go back May 4th, he will be devastated if it's delayed and he doesn't get a drive!!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hanban they wont make that much from my trade in....my trade in was a Mazda RX8 231 and its hardly worth anything due to its 18mpg and the price of fuel... people just dont want them as much as they did a few years ago. That and engine seals failing due to the rotary engine design!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ah I'm trading in a 10 plate KA Style + and it's still pretty much brand new so they're getting a good deal with mine! Just couldn't be bothered with the hassle of selling privately!! It's enough to settle my finance and gives me a little bit spare so can't complain

·
Registered
568 Posts
I'm trading in my Kia Picanto 2 61 reg and they've given me £6500 for it which is awesome because they only sell on the forecourts for about £7000

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Eventually I have my first tick! Estimated delivery date has gone up 2 weeks though, typical! Never mind, I'm too excited to care!!!!

·
Registered
177 Posts
It's 4 weeks this weekend since I ordered mine but still don't have my first tick :(

1 - 20 of 23 Posts