Adam Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we are looking to buy a new Adam 1.4 100 s/s in red either a Jam or Glam, went to Evans on Sunday and they gave us a brilliant price for a Glam, although they insisted the s/s wasn't available on the Adam anymore,

So of course we rang a few other dealers and they were astonished at the price they offered us telling us to snatch their hand off, i rang Evans to confirm the deal (had to ring 4 times as they never returned my calls)and was told yes that's the deal, so yesterday i rang Bristol street in Chesterfield and they also said to double check, so i emailed Evans and finally they told me the deal was for a used Glam, even though we sat down with the salesman and configured it on the computer and was told it would be a 3 month wait!

thankfully we checked for the 3rd time and didnt drive the 50 round trip just to be told they had messed up!
Makes me think they did it on purpose so we would just say ok and send more money, but guess what? they can shove their deal and they have lost a sale and hopefully more now you read this

·
Registered
1 Posts
I agree!
I put a deposit down on a used Adam Glam, which I ordered in in the York garage. Then when the garage went to pick it up for me, Nottingham said that they had sold it!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Thats not good. Iv had no trouble with walkers of Selby they were great. You do have to shop around for good service

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thats mental! Evans Halshaw have been amazing with me like...gave me the cheapest deal by far with my adam Jam...and gave me more money for my old car when i traded it in.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I've had two cars from Evans Halshaw and both sales were a complete nightmare! The first sale I asked for a corsa used but I couldn't have an SXI because of petrol, so instead the salesman sold me an SXI without the badges so I wouldn't know the difference! He was sacked a week later! Then I thought I would go back because with him now being sacked I might have more luck, but no. I bought a beautiful kia picanto 2 and it was advertised at 6950 which was a total bargain. When I went home days later though, I found that the price I paid for the car without extra costs was actually 7950! I'm now stuck with too much finance on a car not worth the money so I now have to wait longer to save for my Adam :/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts