Adam Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon, Just noticed on the back of my Adam the red round back light on the right has broken. The car does not look like it has been hit as everything else seems fine.
The light has sunk in backwards but the bulb is fine, however there is some broken red plastic inside the hole.
I have just took it to the dealership and they guy said the Master fit part is closed at weekends but he thinks its been hit.
Would I have to pay for this myself? the car is less then 12 months old and I have the service plan etc.
Any advice would be great thanks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Suggest unless you are very lucky, you will have to pay. Particularly if man at garage thinks car has been hit. Sure service plan will not cover damage like you talk of. Be interesting to hear outcome.good luck

·
Registered
102 Posts
That's strange same thing happened to me the red plastic was shattered one morning. I thought maybe a stone had hit it or kids had done it. But very strange as no damage to any where else just the red plastic. It was like it had shattered. I had to pay £30 Inc vat. I took the opportunity to order a clear lamp and get a red bulbwhich made it look alot better than the original red lamp

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just spoke to lookers they want over £116 to fix it. Thought that sounded a bit steep so told them I'll have a think.anyone else think this is a bit steep?

·
Registered
102 Posts
I payed close to £30 Inc vat for the lens and close to £30 Inc vat for the chrome circle. I didnt need the black case so I don't know how much that bit costs. Is the price you were quoted inc fitting or is that just for the parts I fitted mine myself very simple

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fitted it myself, dead easy, only problem now is the silver disc in between the light and the black plastic over must have come out when it was hit. Lookers said it's £30 for the disc!! anyone any idea where I could pick one up cheaper?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.