Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my bf and I went down to Halfords last week to see what stuff we can get to treat the paintwork, windows and interior when I get my Adam at the weekend... don't particularly want to pay £400 for the protection from them so I thought we could do the basics ourselves.
Ideally for the windows I want the stuff that makes the water bead off. Anyone got suggestions of better brands...?

·
Registered
113 Posts
The two big brands what I use are Autoglym and Meguiars. A tip for you when buying products best buying them from Amazon always cheaper than Halfrods !

First thing to remember is these are the products what I use and recommend everyone has there own opinion. here's a run down of what I use Exterior :

Washing : Meguiars Ultimate Wash And Wax

Drying : Meguiars Or Autoglym Drying Towel

Paintwork Polishing : Autogylm Resin Polish

Waxing : I've got three types of wax best being Autoglym HD Wax, but Meguiars Ultimate Paste Wax and Farecla G3 Super Gloss Paste Wax are both very good as well and cheaper.

Windows : I first clean my windows with Autoglym Glass Polish then Rain X for water beading on the windows.

Wheels : Autobrite Direct Purple Rain one warning is I wouldn't use it a lot maybe only once every year to take all the break specs and tar off as it has a lot of acid.

Tyres And Plastic Trim : for the tyres Meguiars Tyre Endurance Gel and for the plastics Meguiars Ultimate Plastic Restorer.

Metal : Autoglym Metal Polish.

Now Interior :

Seats : Autoglym Leather Cleaner and Balm ( my parents cars are all leather so still to look into fabric )

Windows : Autoglym Fast Glass

Dash and all other interior trim : Autosmart Dash dandy Satin.

So hope that helps to buildup on your detailing and protection there are still lots more products out there from poorboys, AD and lots more but where do you stop. Best buying bit by bit as you can spend £££ at a time. Anyway hope I've helped you a bit sorry for writing so much I got carried away
Edited by: Vaux.1

·
Registered
944 Posts
Halfords is 3 for 2 so worth a look.

Any PH neutral shampoo will work. I'm using the Autoglym stuff at the moment. Use two buckets when washing and put grit guards in them both. Dry with a decent drying towel. The AG super resin polish is decent enough. I've got Swissvax best of show on my car but hear the HD wax is decent too and a lot cheaper. AG glass polish for windows and Rain X or GTech for the windscreen.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys... will probably head down to Halfords on Saturday to get some stuff, probably don't have time to order off Amazon now.

·
Registered
944 Posts
With 3 for 2 it probably works out cheaper.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Eurocarparts.com always have discounted cleaning stuff and free delivery :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
We use a company called clb car care and the web site address is clbcarcare.co.uk
Which they own products r good my bf thinks it's better than autoglym or meguiars which he has used for years on his Vectra b Gsi

1 - 7 of 7 Posts