Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my car less than a month, took it into the dealer to have the bashing wipers sorted, It was in a full week as they were waiting for a reply from the warranty claim from vauxhall.Picked the car up from a Lookers Garage today and the Backend (rear bumper) in the corner is dented, scuffed and damaged. For a car less than a month old i wasn't impressed so went back the dealer and they said a customer must have knocked it.
I think the dealer should have taken more care of the customers car Dealer said they would repair it but im still not happy.Anyone have any advice on how i can take it further.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Take what further?

I don't want to sound harsh but they said they'd fix it. You won't get anymore from them.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The cars less than a month old. They said they will do the best they can with it although Im not convinced that it will be the original finish im after. I saw on here someone else had damage to the rear bumper and colour matching was an issue and im worried the same thing will happen here.
Ever since i picked the car up it has been full of faults. Constant return trips to the garage. On the thread , Things you should look out for on pickup and in first month, my car had quite a lot of the issues. Half of them still aren't sorted so this is just the icing on the cake really.

·
Registered
127 Posts
When we picked up our Adam the rear bumper had paint chips and scratches all over it so I forced them to put a new bumper on the car. Literally refused to take the keys until I had in writing that the damage was going to be fixed to the highest standard.
I think you should be fine as they have agreed to sort it, just be very vigilant when checking their work and dont be afraid to refuse collection of the car if it isnt right.
Never, ever take your car off the premises without checking it over and getting in writing that anything they have damaged is going to be fixed properly</font>

·
Registered
469 Posts
Krafty_Bizkit said:
Never, ever take your car off the premises without checking it over and getting in writing that anything they have damaged is going to be fixed properly</font>
As Dan said, always check, even once they have repaired it, check twice, in the shade and sun light incase anything is hidden, and dont be afraid to refuse it.
Did you find anymore issues with your car which I can add to my "Things to look out for" post?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi
No I haven't found any more issues with the car but the immobiliser fault seems to be an intermittent fault.
Thanks

·
Registered
568 Posts
There was a slight scratch on my adam from the dealership but the diamondbrite coating took it straight out. I know they have a responsibility to take care of the cars but a customer hitting it isn't really their fault. As long as it comes back ***** and span I wouldn't worry.

·
Registered
127 Posts
rodyr5 said:
There was a slight scratch on my adam from the dealership but the diamondbrite coating took it straight out. I know they have a responsibility to take care of the cars but a customer hitting it isn't really their fault. As long as it comes back ***** and span I wouldn't worry.
They should not be leaving your car anywhere near where another customer can hit it so yes it kinda is their fault. When you hand the keys over to any garage to do any work they are then 100% responsible for the vehicle. The same applies to any car you are purchasing, until you have the docs signed and the keys in your hand it is their responsibility.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts