Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right guys I've hit a bit of a brick wall. My due date is the 25th April and I was getting impatient as everyone else with the same due date have two ticks at least or even en route already. I messaged vauxhall customer services who've said there's a problem at the plant because my car has been stuck on level 35 for 12 days. They said it's not at all normal and under investigation now!
Anyone any guesses as to what has happened?
I personally think it might've been built but hasn't been scanned at the final stage?

·
Registered
944 Posts
Uh ohs. What on earth is level 35?!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Apparently it's a production stage which is nearly finished on the line as one of the final stages Alex. It's getting me really stressed

·
Registered
314 Posts
I can imagine! Are they out of stock of a certain part? I hope it doesnt affect your delivery date too much whatever the issue...

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
She said it shouldn't be a problem and that it might be built but it's missed it's scanning

·
Registered
944 Posts
Hopefully they'll add something to it to make up for it... ;)

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fingers crossed! Upgraded seats or winter pack would be pretty swell :)

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Still no update :( getting frustrated now but vauxhall customer services haven't had a reply from the manufacturing plant yet :(

·
Registered
59 Posts
My due date was the 25th :) and it came in the dealers this week! I'm off to see him for the first time tomorrow to get the paperwork sorted! Hope it isn't too long you have to wait!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Same, my delivery date was the 25th and I got my 3rd tick today. It's due into the dealers after the bank holiday. That's not good at all Rodyr, if our dates were the 25th and yours still hasn't had the 3rd tick. I'd definatley keep on at them and pester them to find out what's going on. Hopefully with all the pressure you put on them they will put something extra on for you as a way of apology. You can use us an as example that our dates were also the 25th and ours are here.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just found out it's been extended to the 2nd of May. I'm so furious that I have to wait because of an error they have made I'm tempted to tell them just to forget the whole thing

·
Registered
469 Posts
I feel your frustration and cant imagine what its like being told you have to wait longer. But, what some people forget is, its a brand new car being built, so there always could be problems or hold up's along the way. Dont stress too much about it. If it was me, ide be re-leaved that a problem has been found now, rather then once ive received it and had to take it back due to a bolt being missing or hand brake cables not put on.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You're right boot fairy I'm just sad because I was so excited for Tuesday and everyone else has there's already who had 25th as a delivery date. Bristol street motors have put it on priority delivery though so at least that side should be quick

·
Registered
469 Posts
Thats good.
Im still trying to get my dealer down on price lol.
But whats worse for me is that ive been looking for merchandise already and found nice car mats for mine lol... and I dont even have it ordered yet!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Boot fairy don't buy posh car mats. Get them to chuck them in as well! I got £1500 worth of free extra options and the protection pack (Adam branded mats, cargo liner, mud flaps, paint protection) all free! Haggle hard and shop around with different dealers all desperate to undercut each other

·
Registered
177 Posts
I really want to try to get some free mats out of them but not really sure how to haggle! My delivery date has been pushed back already from what the dealer told me so I might just use that... use my girly charm and flutter my eyelashes or something haha!

·
Registered
426 Posts
God I love to haggle could do it all day haha got mats, mud flaps, full tank of fuel and the bottle of fabric and carpet protector ;). Oh and there was a bit of damage when i collected the car so they through in some sill covers to hide the teeny tiny dint haha xD

·
Registered
177 Posts
Haha I might get one of you lot to come with me to inspect mine! :p

·
Registered
177 Posts
By the way, on the same note - if my dealer want me to go sign papers for registering it before it arrives does that mean I'm committed before actually seeing the car?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts