Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the bring go app for 35 pound or whatever it was it has been working fine with small distances but over the weekend I was driving for 2-3 hours and the system froze on me and also it kept crashing for some reason I was wondering if anyone else has had any problems or maybe knows what is happening, I use it via my iPhone 5s.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Do the normal iPhone maps not work through intellilink? I'd far rather use them when I get mine :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think so, I've tryed but can only get the sound through the system, I think you can only use the apps on the intelli link but I'm not 100% sure on this

·
Registered
944 Posts
No you can't use maps.

Will be able to when they update to Carplay.

·
Registered
88 Posts
if they update to carplay

·
Registered
92 Posts
leasville said:
Do the normal iPhone maps not work through intellilink? I'd far rather use them when I get mine :(
I'm afraid normal iOS maps, or any other apps on your iPhone is not mirrored onto Intellilink and will not work. So far only BringGo navigation is connected through Intellilink.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Until of course Intellilink is update with recently released Apple Carplay. I feel this is not going to happen anytime soon.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Just read this on the internet - looks like possibly no car play ever!

Vauxhall has announced that it will be bringing OnStar to its cars in 2015. The in-car connectivity and security service will be paired with Vauxhall IntelliLink to directly compete with Apple CarPlay.

Unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show, Opel/Vauxhall CEO Karl Thomas announced that the service would give drivers access to services like remote control connectivity via their iPhone or Android smartphone.

OnStar also brings 4G connectivity to the car allowing the vehicle to become a 4G WiFi hotspot for any device, it also lets you connect instantly to a live operator should anything go wrong or you need assistance.

This is then paired with a new 7-inch touch screen IntelliLink interface which lets you connect apps on your iPhone and then mirror them through the car, whether it's a sat nav app, weather app or music player.

IntelliLink first appeared on the Vauxhall Adam but the company is now rolling out the smartphone-powered interface across its entire range of cars including the Astra, Insignia and Corsa.

OnStar, already a huge service in the US and China has so far been absent from the UK and Europe however its expansion means both Google and Apple will have another competitor if other car manufacturers decide to go down this route.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts