Adam Owners Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Me and wife bought a Corsa SEbrand new 2 years ago and had a call from Vauxhall to say we could trade the Corsa in and they could get us in a branch new car for the same monthly finance payments we are already paying. After going to the dealer we liked the Adam and have pretty much decided to go for:Adam Jam 1.2 Start Stop. Urban PackTechnical PackWinter PackExterior Lighting PackParking SensorsSunroofClimate ControlIntellilinkand going to try squeeze the half cloth/PVC seats in too. Basically I just wondered if there are any known issues or optional extras above that we could do away with as they are uneccessary or whatever. Are the standard speakers good - or should we invest in the Infinity ones.? just for the record its mainly my wife driving the car and she is'nt bothered about heavy bass -ifthey are the same quality as the Corsa standard speakers then we will just keep the standard ones. One more question, my wife wanted to get it in Buzz Light Year green with a white roof - but the dealer has told us that colour has been stopped now - even though it is on their website still!Anyone orderd one in this colour recently?Thanks!
Edited by: boothy90

·
Registered
469 Posts
I've not ordered that colour with mine, but I chose the red Stripe Decals, and was told they don't do them anymore and shouldn't have advertised them in red. So me and my dealer had a fight with Vauxhall and managed to get what I wanted.
Might be worth having a fight with them and saying this is what you want as they are still advertising it on the website and brochure.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i've spoken to Vaxuahall customer services and they said that on the lastest order form which was revised 31st July - it shows Buzz Light Green as an orderable exterior colour and even gave me the order form number.I will go to the dealer on wednesday and see what they have to say.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Ask your dealer for an extended test drive and they should give you the car for a day to take away. most dealers do this if you ask. they will want to photo copy your licence for the insurance they should give you a full tank and you bring it back full.
Thats what i did and i bought it.
I would spend the extra on the rear spoiler, i did and am so glad cos it really finishes it off. I also paid £95 extra for a spare wheel. Many tyre companys won't repair you tyre if it has had the punture stuff in which means a new tyre at £60/70 so £95 for peace of mind is money well spent.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Although you didnt mention them specifically I highly recommend the half cloth seats, Me and my friend both have adams but I had more optional extras, the seats being one of them. and for the sake of £350 you get so much more of a leather look to the car, which includes the material on the door etc. my friend has even told me howit makes the interior looksmarter
(you might have already known this so i will hush haha!)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Evangelina - I was just looking at the seat options. Think we will go for black half cloth seats, the fact that you still get the leather material on the doors swayed me! thanks. Going to price up the 1.0L Turbo engine aswell. Might drop the climate control and sunroof as we are trying to keep below £250 a month on finance.I haveclimate controlon my A4 and not sure if I find it annoying.

·
Registered
469 Posts
What you can try aswell which saved me some money, is check what packs you have,, make a note of the price, the check the cost of adding each one separately.
What I found is with the Slam, items in the packs come as standard, so a pack cost £600, taking that off and adding the bits I want saved me £150.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I hate my climate control it's noisy and inaccurate- I only ever use the A/C

·
Registered
944 Posts
How do you use AC and not climate control? Aren't they linked?

·
Registered
424 Posts
AC is controlled by you a bit more , you set the temp and fan speed but when you press Auto for the climate control means it blows very loud until it reaches the temp I've set. However it never seems to reach the temp and I end up switching to manual again

·
Registered
88 Posts
I would get yours looked at as mine reaches selected temp quickly I use it in Auto all the time and its the best option I selected andhighly recommend it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Mine takes around 5 minutes on Auto.
I prefer having Climate Control as there's more control over demisting i.e. just one button vs having to turn the dials like a safe cracker

1 - 12 of 12 Posts