Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all has anyone had to cancel there order with vauxhall? If so any experiance regarding it? Ive paid £250 deposit so i know i will loose that, but are there any more charges?

Reason for cancelling is im a teacher and another vauxhall dealership is willing to give me £442 off the price of the car and £803 off my added extras under the partners scheme, but the garage i brought mine from (hopeless) didnt offer me anything and when i spoke to them late lastnight they said they cant reduce price once ordered! So feel pretty ripped off :(

On top of that the cars already going to be atleast 2 weeks late and i havnt even recieved a build date yet! Edited by: L8ydg

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yours is such a high spec that I would have thought the threat of cancelling might get the dealer to be a bit more helpful. However, you have entered into a contract and so if they dig their heels in your loss could be significantly higher than £250.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Went there today and they said untill the finance agreement is signed and they have taken copys of id ect,there is no contract, the £250 deposit is simply a bit of security they take when they order a car to be built to cover admin fees ect.x

·
Registered
163 Posts
Even after contracts are signed and sealed, there are always legally a 14 day cooling off period where you can walk away

·
Registered
568 Posts
You should ring Vauxhall head office and find out if they will help you on your behalf. I shopped around for my Adam but all three dealers asked me if I was available for the partners scheme and also the online voucher for £250 off. Really frustrating that they never asked you from day 1 l8ydg

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yeah I shopped around and found a really good dealer :) At one dealer they wanted 168 a month, then at the dealer I got it from for the exact same car it's 98! with the same deposit. And that's on a white glam with twisted red pack and intellilink :) also with partners discount and the 250 voucher :D

·
Registered
426 Posts
Yeah you should always shop around and haggle with the salesman....theres always something they can knock off for sure. Some even throw in extras etc. Like mine im getting mats and mud flaps thrown in

1 - 8 of 8 Posts