Adam Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After being on the Phone to my dealer and Vauxhall Customer services, and there management, I found out all production on ADAM's and Corsa's have stopped while they sort out the Steering Rack Problem.
I was told They are currently waiting on the new parts to turn up to replace the Steering rods, but they dont know when they are due in, so production wont start again on any cars until everything has been put right, tested and quality checked.
So if the new parts dont turn up for another 2-3 weeks, then another 2 weeks to replace the parts in all the cars before production starts again, it means new built slots will need to be issued Mid to late November.
I cant wait another 2 + months for this car after waiting 3 months already, so contacted my dealer and cancelled my order and going in tomorrow morning to get my deposit back.
Im going to look at the Peugeot 208 GTi, Renault Clio Sport and Suzuki Swift Sport over the next week, and see if anything else takes my fancy.

Also, due to this, I have custom made seat covers, car mats and seat belt pads for sale. If anyone is interested, I will post pictures up of all of them, but they wont be cheap as I did pay a lot of Money out for them to be made.
Sad Times.....

·
Registered
114 Posts
Sorry to hear that, you have been waiting a long time and to be honest blame you. Hope you find a car you will love just as much.

·
Registered
114 Posts
As a former Swift Sport owner I can recommend that to you but its a shame to see you falling out of love with Adam.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I think it's unbelievable that these parts have been fitted to cars since 2007 on the corsa D. Now all of a sudden the part has been changed and is 'dangerous'.

Wtf are Vauxhall/opel doing.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks smith, I haven't fallen out of love with the Adam, it's just with no car now for 3 months it will affect my work and I'm not doing things I want to do as I have to rely on buses, which never turn up on time, or there early.

I was more annoyed that I was the one chasing them for 3 months on everything and still had to chase to find this out about stopped production and build slots being cancelled.

If anyone else is due there car in the next month, ide contact customer services and ask them for an update.

·
Registered
114 Posts
ADAM_Vxr said:
I think it's unbelievable that these parts have been fitted to cars since 2007 on the corsa D. Now all of a sudden the part has been changed and is 'dangerous'.

Wtf are Vauxhall/opel doing.
It happens all the time. Do you not remember when Toyota was forced to recall 5 million cars world wide and pay for recalls on half a million Citroens and Peugeots because the fly by wire throttle switch developed a problem. That was a component that Denso have been making for years but a batch of them went wrong and they couldnt take the risk.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I test drove a clio, it was great, but as a new driver I wanted something slightly smaller. Clio has a gorgeous red colour available, really catches your eye.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts