Adam Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much should I expect to pay for my cars first service?
It'll be a year old in January, and I know it's a few months away but my insurance is due in December so I want to make sure I've saved enough for everything.
Also, will I have to take it back to the dealer I bough it from? Or can I go to any Vauxhall dealership?

·
Registered
944 Posts
Any vauxhall will do it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi NatashaShop around your local dealers, you will find that the price varies between them. From memory I paid £125 for my first service.KJ

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you, I'll have to have a ring round some of my local dealers then
I hope mines around the £125 mark, that sounds pretty decent

Can you tell I've never serviced a car before :') my last car didn't have any service history and I never intended to keep it for years so I never got it done

·
Registered
25 Posts
No worries, it can be a bit intimidating if you're like me and don't have a clue about the mechanics of a car (despite working in the industry). If you have any queries come back and ask, someone will be able to help you out.Good luck!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hey Natasha,You should look into a Service Plan. For some reason, Vauxhall didn't try and sell to me when buying the car but I took it out mid-way through my first year and pay £17 a month so when it comes to my service, I have nothing to pay. May be worth looking into it.. Even if you take it out now, you will save a little money before and then pay the outstanding balance when your service is due :) I think mine was £180 all together which is standard for the Vauxhall Adams first service although I only had to pay a little to make up my outstanding balance due to taking it out a few months after I bought my car.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you Kj166 - That is exactly it, I really don't know much about cars. But this site is really helpful, it's good to speak to other adam owners too :) and Thank you Emma - I kept thinking about that, when I bought the car they never mentioned anything, but I'm kinda glad as I don't want to service my car from where I bought it.I guess I could inqure about the service plan, but thinking about it, it will probably be best for me to just pay for it out of Januarys wage, but I think I'll definitely look into a service plan for the next service :) I rang my local JCT600 and they quoted me £137 as it stands now, so it could go up, but I think I ring round a few more closer to the time too. -----i'm not sure where i stand with my warranty, When i bought the car I'm sure he mentioned that it had three years warranty (so about 2 years and 3 months left) the lady I spoke to at JCT600 said they would reset my lifetime warranty when i got my service due. Do you think this was just a misunderstanding, and she assumed it had lifetime warranty?

·
Registered
944 Posts
If you bought new it's lifetime. The condition is that it needs servicing yearly. When they service it they reactivate the warranty for the year. I paid for my first service and then took the plan out. The second is a major service and much more expensive. Might as well spread the cost monthly, doesn't cost any extra.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
alex said:
If you bought new it's lifetime. The condition is that it needs servicing yearly. When they service it they reactivate the warranty for the year. I paid for my first service and then took the plan out. The second is a major service and much more expensive. Might as well spread the cost monthly, doesn't cost any extra.
Oo looks like I'll definitely be taking out a service plan after this first one then
Thank you for the help :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.