Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't think I have ever seen someone bring a car down so much in all my life

Ok there might be little flaws with the Adam like the 1.2 being a little slow but says it looks rubbish and not a patch on a fiat 500 this man obviously needs a hammer to the head, I think its safe to say he's just anti vauxhall !!!!

http://www.carwow.co.uk/blog/Vauxhall-Adam-Review-564

Sorry for the rant

·
Registered
88 Posts
Just read it. Kind of agree with the 6th gear and mpg. Think they could do with some user reviews on there to improve it! Those who own them know better than someone who's done a 30 minute test drive.
I'm seeing more of them around so the decent reviews are paying off. Jeremy Clarkson and Richard Hammond gave the Adam a better review and they are normally the critical ones!

·
Registered
314 Posts
I think it depends on the owner and circumstances. Lots think the boot and back seats are small. But can he fit 5 people and the weeks shopping in the Mini or Fiat 500? I for one cannot wait any longer for my Adam!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Don't blame you they are fab to drive. My first car was a Vw Beetle(1972) and the Adam kind of reminds me of the character that had. Now that had an engine in the boot! I wish Adam owners would acknowledge other owners though like Vw owners do.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I'm sick or reading magazine reviews. Every single one puts it down. Except the most ironic magazine.......TOP GEAR! Believe it or not but they thought it was a great car! The kings of speed didn't slate the 1.2 much and liked most aspects of the Adam. I was very surprised that they liked it because I thought it would've been the other way around as normally they are only interested in 600bhp Ferraris etc! But who even gives a sh*t? If we love our Adams, that's all that matters to me

·
Registered
114 Posts
As I said on the comment they appear to have deleted.

If you want room for four, warp speed and the ability to soak up starship miles, dont buy an Adam.

I don't want those things so My Little Man is fine for me thank you.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I think they forget this isnt aimed at being a family car, 9 times out of 10 it will be either a second car or a car for someone younger who will only ever have a gym bag in the boot.
A car like the adam isnt purchased with your head really its your heart that falls for it.....these people reviewing just dont understand that i dont think.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep I agree the Adam may not and isn't the perfect car but then what is, it has its flaws but what car doesn't. And picking up on the point what he made about the rear seats saying his 8 year old son couldn't even sit there without his legs being in the drivers ears well he must be one over size abnormal not your everyday 8 year year old. I am over six feet and in the Adam what we had on hire for a weekend with me not being old enough to drive I was in the rear seat behind the passenger. Now it didn't have bags of room like your people carriers but I sat in the rear coving not all but most of the 500 miles from Friday to Monday and I didn't have a problem. Head room was enough it wasn't if you sat straight like a board then who sits like that but in a comfortable position it was no problem, leg room was the same it wasn't like being on the recliner at home but I and the person in the passenger seat both sat with enough leg room.

Also as a few picked up on all this car test magazines what usually like small city cars have a dislike to the adam but top gear who doesn't usually like cars what's under 400bhp did seem to like it even fifth gear and gave it a good review only down side to fifth gear was they did they to destroy it on the cobbles doing 50mph in cobbles what were built for up to 30mph

·
Registered
944 Posts
I'm about 6 foot 2 and I just about got in the back. I had to sit leaning to the side else my head wouldn't fit.

Did take a while to get out though!

Like you said... Bloody big 8 year old.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Will admit getting in and out wasn't like a normal car but thanks to my long legs it want to bad just looked liked a octopus climbing out with my hands and legs latching to the car getting out

·
Registered
314 Posts
And I'm pretty sure having your knees near your head restricts your vision around the car, means your feet are not on the pedals and just generally bordering on an illegal driving position... If he can drive in that position then he surely shouldn't have a problem with the Adam being a small car.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lol got a point

·
Registered
944 Posts
Sounds an interesting driving style!

·
Registered
431 Posts
The review is rubbish! He must own a mini or a 500 and is jealous that the Adam is much nicer and more unique car in the fact that every person doesn't owns one!
Iv had my adam a week now and i have no complaints! its getting all the looks when I drive around and people always say 'WOW what an amazing car' and how stylish it is! Its not a family car and defo won't be used for transporting loads of passengers but thats what adam wasn't designed for! its a city small stylish car that looks fab! The engine I have (1.4 100ps) has allot of power and all the extra features make for a car I would keep forever!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Having owned a Fiat 500 when they 1st came out I would certainly say it isn't any better than the Adam.We were lucky enough to have the Adam for 24hours before we ordered so gave us a good opportunity to try it out on different roads etc.The Adam has more elbow room up front than a 500 and the rear isn't any smaller either. The boot is around the same size and a little deeper if recall correctly.Its a small city car and not made to carry a large family around, it does what it was designed for very well and is a nice car on the eye.Our 500 was a diesel and would have loved to see this engine in the Adam as think it would have been a great success.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Agree re the engine. They should of had more options for day one really.

The boot in the Adam is deceptive. Its bigger then it looks!

·
Registered
117 Posts
alex said:
Agree re the engine. They should of had more options for day one really.

The boot in the Adam is deceptive. Its bigger then it looks!
Yeh that engine would have been sweet in the Adam. Me and the wife toured the Scottish highlands in that 500 and got an average of 68mpg which I thought was excellent.The boot is deceptive alex and is more than adaquate in a car of its size.

·
Registered
44 Posts
That guy clearly has issues mentally and with vauxhall!! Seriously doesnt know what hes talking about!! He shouldnt have bothered writing that review as its not put me off my Adam its just made me look forward to it even more!! 😜 x

·
Registered
145 Posts
Not noticed any performance issues myself, though my previous car was a 14 year old 1.2 Clio with all the raw power of an egg whisk, so anything is an improvement

Interior wise, well I'm 24 years old, single, no kids, why should I care about rearlegroom? I wanted a small car for me. As for the boot...
L8ydg said:
or a car for someone younger who will only ever have a gym bag in the boot.
Sums it up perfectly

In short, the critic is a moron.
Edited by: Lampshade

·
Registered
431 Posts
Same here,Im 24 I don't have a family, I only drive with just ME in the car and a small suite case to go to work! perfect car. If I wanted a family car with all the boot room to fit a king sized bed from ikea in I would of gone for a people carrier! When they write reviews they don't think of the target market this car is aimed at, more to what would suite them personally! which is wrong.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts