Adam Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody changed there red fog light lens to a clear one?
I notice the opel adam has the reverse and fog on the opposite side, so i was thinking getting a opel reverse lens (to replace my fog) then using a red bulb and it would look loads better both being clear,as everytime i look at the rear of a adam it annoys me haha OCD by the way :/

Registered
That would be a really good idea because I thought the same thing, it's killing my ocd too haha

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha i dont like it that much id buy it before my adam arrives! Lol

Registered
Same! I have OCD, and in my opinion if one coloured light is one side of the car, it should match with the light on the other! If you buy the Opel light, you should post a photo of how it looks :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will do, got the bf to track a guy down who should be able to get some posted, so il get a few if there cheap enough and sell them to any members, for cost of course lol

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So ive recieved a price of 拢86+ vat for the opel reverse light unit to replace the uk fog light, not as cheap as i had hoped :(

Registered
Just don't look at the back of your car and save yourself ~拢103.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I could save more than that if i dont look in the mirror, hair,makeup,decent cloths......... But sadly i enjoy looking in the mirror.......and at the back of my car,lol x

Registered
Haha they so did like. However this means if you hold out you will be able to get it a bit cheaper than you originally thought? Just an idea.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea to late.....i ordered not even 24 hrs ago and it arrives weds, sods law hey! :/

Registered
Haha yeah could be a while before the other becomes available here anyways. I may look into modding that on mine tbh like

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Once i get the part number i think we can then get one direct from vauxhall, the parts desk told my bf they cant view opel parts without the part number. I think it will be cheaper then aswell as im using a broker for mine,x

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
See the germans have great taste lol, and yea it looks goooood, not keen on his tinted lights though :/

Registered
Is it legal in the UK to haverear foglights without the red casing and just a red light?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yea aslong as the bulb shines red you can have any colour

Registered
According tohttp://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1989/1796/regulation/11/made
No vehicle shall be fitted with a lamp which is capable of showing any light to the rear, other than a red light
It appears that it has to be a red light, doesn't state that it has to be a red lens or bulb.Alsohttp://www.motuk.co.uk/manual_130.htm
Method of Inspection</font>e.
shows light of the correct colour
Though I have no plans to try this and I would certainly have a quick chat to the local MOT man to verify

Edited by: Dizzy73

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I had a imported mx5 a few years ago and that had a clear led fog screwed onto the bumper and that was fine so dont think it will be a problem really

1 - 20 of 28 Posts