Adam Owners Club banner

Clear fog light mod

14K views 27 replies 9 participants last post by  nsmith1180 
#1 ·
Has anybody changed there red fog light lens to a clear one?
I notice the opel adam has the reverse and fog on the opposite side, so i was thinking getting a opel reverse lens (to replace my fog) then using a red bulb and it would look loads better both being clear,as everytime i look at the rear of a adam it annoys me haha OCD by the way :/

#2 ·
That would be a really good idea because I thought the same thing, it's killing my ocd too haha

#7 ·
Just don't look at the back of your car and save yourself ~£103.

#13 ·
Once i get the part number i think we can then get one direct from vauxhall, the parts desk told my bf they cant view opel parts without the part number. I think it will be cheaper then aswell as im using a broker for mine,x

#17 ·
Is it legal in the UK to haverear foglights without the red casing and just a red light?

#19 ·
According tohttp://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1989/1796/regulation/11/made
No vehicle shall be fitted with a lamp which is capable of showing any light to the rear, other than a red light
It appears that it has to be a red light, doesn't state that it has to be a red lens or bulb.Alsohttp://www.motuk.co.uk/manual_130.htm
Method of Inspection</font>e.
shows light of the correct colour
Though I have no plans to try this and I would certainly have a quick chat to the local MOT man to verify

Edited by: Dizzy73

#21 ·
Im an mot tester and im almost certain that it would be ok... however, iwill log into the system tomorrow and check the exact wording in the inspection manual...cos i want to do it too

#24 ·
Checked the system, and basically , it has to emit the correct colour of light and be bright enough to be a fog light....

Looked at the reverse lights, and think if you fit a red 21 watt bulb.... your sorted

Im waiting on the generic bulb number from my parts guy for the red bulbs as I don't use many and cant remember it so I will post that tomorrow

#26 ·
I would like to raise the point of insurance here. Because you are proposing to fit a modification to the vehicle which hasn't been type approved for use in the UK. It may be legal, but you may not be able to insure it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.