Adam Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, folks wish I'd introduced myself prior to this but it is what it is I guess.

My Adam decided to get all weird on me with the clutch on my drive home from work today.

One minute the clutch was fine, next the clutch pedal was nonexistent and the next barely any movement, and the clutch was engaged and now it's back to normal.
It also felt like the clutch pedal dropped or became very loose as I applied the brakes?

I've taken a look at the brake reservoir and that sits at the maximum level I've looked at that because I've read somewhere that the clutch and brakes use the same reservoir or maybe I'm getting mixed up on something.
I can't see any leaks anywhere

It's an odd one for sure but I've got to get to work again tomorrow and right now I'm not sure it would make it.

The dealer is going to look at it in 2 weeks' time but I need to find the issue and fix it prior to that thoughts on what could be the problem would be appreciated.

Also Hi I'm Gavin and I'm new to these parts and Adam ownership lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow turns out this forum/club is dead lol so little activity on all sections such a shame.
hello!
I had some similar issues with my clutch recently, took it to Vauxhall and my clutch return spring had gone, along with a wire and a couple of bolts (the wire and bolts were broken/ lost because I’d driven it for a while without getting it checked).

If it’s just your clutch return spring and not wires or bolts etc it shouldn’t be too expensive, around £60-70.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello!
I had some similar issues with my clutch recently, took it to Vauxhall and my clutch return spring had gone, along with a wire and a couple of bolts (the wire and bolts were broken/ lost because I’d driven it for a while without getting it checked).

If it’s just your clutch return spring and not wires or bolts etc it shouldn’t be too expensive, around £60-70.
I drove my car for quite a few months with a ‘broken’ clutch, after shifting gears I would hook my foot under the clutch and just pull it up to normal height to avoid it getting lodged at the bottom.. this helped and meant I could drive it with no issues. Not ideal but it means you can still take it out if you have no other choice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I drove my car for quite a few months with a ‘broken’ clutch, after shifting gears I would hook my foot under the clutch and just pull it up to normal height to avoid it getting lodged at the bottom.. this helped and meant I could drive it with no issues. Not ideal but it means you can still take it out if you have no other choice.
Thanks for the reply dude, not sure it's the clutch return spring as the pedal does return it's more the ability to engage or disengage the clutch vanishes.

But it's something I'll look at regardless because I guess you never know.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hello!

·
Registered
4 Posts
That is exactly what is happening to my clutch on a 2013 Adam still under warranty. I took it to the seller garage and they couldn't find anything wrong with it much to my frustration and anger. Then I took it to my local garage and they said they couldn't find anything wrong with it. Grrr. I should have come on here earlier. What a pain! Out of interest if you carry on driving it with this problem are you likely to cause lasting damage or is it dangerous? I will now have to take it back to Motorland AGAIN get a lift back. They do not provide courtesy cars. Should I demand they collect it? Is that reasonable? Cheers 🥂 :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4 Posts
hello!

Hello

Bought my car in April. I have the same problem. 2013 plate. Took it to the vendor and to another garage. Both said there is nothing wrong with it. It has broken down 4 times. I pull up the pedal and works fine. It is still under warranty. How can I get the vendor garage to accept something is wrong with it and they should put it right? I don't know my legal position.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts