Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one had a problem with they Clutch pedal Return spring?
I got in my adam yesterday and put my foot on the clutch to start the car and heard a ping sounds of a spring giving way.
I check the clutch and it seemed to be working fine but a little less resistance than normal.
Drove home no problems, got home and checked the footwell and found the hook end of a spring.

Has anyone else had a similar problem? and if so did it take much to resolve? I have had a look online and cannot find much information but it seems that on a corsa D they recommend replacing the whole pedal assembly but just wanted to see if thats the case for adams.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Update for if any one has the same problem - had the car in this morning, and the clutch return spring had gone, but it is intergrated into the Pedals, so i need a whole new pedal box, but it is covered under warranty so could be worse.

On the plus side they found a leak with the air con and said they will also replace the air conditioning pump under warranty.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I had this fail our last car, you could replace the spring, cost £1.50 I think but took 3 hours to fit! Was a right pain, lol. But it needed doing because without it your clutch would just stick to the floor.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Because of the way vauxhall have designed the pedal box it is not possible to change it in situe. thankfully the Slave cylinder keeps the clutch working without the spring but still is annoying it happened.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts